Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: HELP for pygmy goat please  (Read 14221 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Re: HELP for pygmy goat please
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2015, 12:36:31 pm »
Hi Goosepimple,
Its so easy to look back and think 'I should have', been there, too often, but sometimes things don't seem too bad until it's too late. And yes its worse when you feel you should have been there, but you did what you thought was best, and she's at peace now,
The thing about TAS is it is upsetting to read posts like this, but hopefully we all learn by these things, if another life is saved by someone remembering your loss, then she won't have died in vain, I'v probably put that a bit clumsily, I hope it doesn't upset you more
take care  :hug: :bouquet:

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 07:13:39 pm »
Goosepimple
penninehillbilly has summed it up

You certainly went through the mince grinder do not blame yourself you did your best.
The vet was more experienced than you and he did not think about a xray until the end.
All the what ifs wont change anything.
Sad Rip little girl

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2015, 07:10:17 pm »
 :hug:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2015, 01:16:45 pm »
Just reading posts I have missed while being off line.
So sorry about your loss.  Having kept goats for many years, believe me, I have been in your situation numerous times.  Back and forth to the vet with a goat who is not right, but nothing you can put your finger on,.  Our vet admitted they find goats and sheep hard to treat, goats especially as nothing is licenced.
Sometimes, you go into the shed next morning, dreading what you will find, and there they are chewing the cud, perfectly fine ......
Its such a shame but you did all you could  :bouquet:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS