Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Need driver with trailer to take pigs to abbatoir! Will pay!!  (Read 3073 times)

peartreewoodlandsmallholding

• Joined Jan 2012
  • staffordshire
Need driver with trailer to take pigs to abbatoir! Will pay!!
« on: January 17, 2013, 12:21:42 pm »
Hi, dont know if anyone would be willing to help me. We live in stoke on trent and wondered if anyone knows of a livestock transporter or someone who would be willing to come and pick up our 5 pigs from our field in knypersley stoke on trent and take them to SMP abbatoir on werrington road, stoke on trent which is 7.1 miles from the field, the pigs are 7 months old and are not massive, Been trying to purchase a trailer but cant find anything available and within budget, And just thought if someone could pick them up and drop them off for me i am more than willing to pay for there trouble if anyone is local and thinks they may be able to help please get in touch and give me a price i am willing to pay around  £100 just to pick them up and take them to smp abbatoir. i can get them down the field to the roadside and pen them in ready to load straight into a trailer. If you think you may possibly be able to help please get in touch Many thanks Emma & Chris

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: Need driver with trailer to take pigs to abbatoir! Will pay!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 12:41:00 pm »
Have you tried a farming neighbour, they might lend you their trailer so long as you thoroughtly disinfect it before returning it. Might even take them for you in return for some pork.
Hope you get something sorted
all the best Mandy :pig:

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 03:50:23 pm »
Hi, I might be able to help, when you thinking of taking them?

• Joined Jan 2012
  • staffordshire
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 07:38:27 pm »
Hi, thanks for the reply, erm as soon as possible im just waiting for the slaughter tags to be delivered, The people at SMP said just phone them to give them 24hrs notice of there arrival, But most likely it will be end of the month, If you could do it for me that would be fantastic, ill happily pay you for taking them and give you some meat when i get it back!! :)  Thanks Emma & Chris

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 08:08:22 pm »
Good oh! Where abouts in stoke are you? Let me know when you've got your tags and we'll sort something  :)

Will pm you my number
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:17:21 pm by Sbom »

• Joined Jan 2012
  • staffordshire
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 09:02:13 pm »
Hi, we live in kidsgrove stoke on trent, and our land is in knypersley stoke on trent i multimapped the distance from the field to smp abbatoir and it is 7.1 miles. Yeh thats brilliant if you can help!. Have to let me know how much you,d charge me for taking them in.? Cheers

shropshire_blue

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Dorset BH21
    • Making Life Exciting Again...
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 09:06:26 pm »
I'm not a million miles from stoke, and dropped my pigs off to SMP last week.  I'm on 07974 353754 sbom can't sort you out...

Neil

JEP

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 09:38:19 pm »
we take are animals to newtons in haslington crewe he will loan you a trailer

shropshire_blue

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Dorset BH21
    • Making Life Exciting Again...
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 10:09:36 pm »
I'm not a million miles from stoke, and dropped my pigs off to SMP last week.  I'm on 07974 353754 sbom can't sort you out...

Neil

Oh no, just read this back and saw that it looks like I'm telling you Sbom can't help you out.  There's meant to be an 'if' in there! No underhand pig delivery stealing intended.  :-[

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS