Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: IDENTIFICATION AND THE LAW  (Read 9205 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: IDENTIFICATION AND THE LAW
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 08:55:14 pm »
Could i remind all members and guests it is AGAINST THE LAW TO MOVE BABY ANIMALS ( lambs  piglets  kids ) from the holding of birth without identification    and a licence. Learned today of piglets and a lamb moved with nothing. The UK is trying to get the rules eased and we dont need lots of small infringements.   THANK YOU
special rules for lambs being taken to milk. ie caddies. plus you can't tag such a young sheep.
If I'd known that a few weeks I wouldn't have got so stressed, I'd have kept Junior a bit longer, and he might still be alive.  Just goes to show some people on here don't know everything
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 12:53:21 pm »
CONFUSED  :dunce: ive read the RPA SITE twice and spoken to a friend from animal health whose job is tag legislation ,and cant find any derogation  help ?
[/ quote] I asked this question before and got no reply so i ask again ! lambs can be tagged at birth with the right tag                    Have spoken to 3 animal health guys this afternoon 2 in scotland 1 in england no one has read or heard of aderogation for orphan lambs. IF someone can find the derogation i would love to phone them all to say their wrong
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:19:31 pm by shep53 »

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 10:57:17 am »

Round here we've got sheep and lambs just roaming the village.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 01:06:40 am »

I was about to say, "Forest of Dean?" then realised you're one o' they Scots.  :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 07:34:11 pm »
I was about to say, "Forest of Dean?" then realised you're one o' they Scots.  :D
...By osmosis, not birth, but yes we're in a crofting region.

It does seem as though the movements rules go out of the window here...

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 11:02:26 am »
CONFUSED  :dunce: ive read the RPA SITE twice and spoken to a friend from animal health whose job is tag legislation ,and cant find any derogation  help ?
[/ quote] I asked this question before and got no reply so i ask again ! lambs can be tagged at birth with the right tag                    Have spoken to 3 animal health guys this afternoon 2 in scotland 1 in england no one has read or heard of aderogation for orphan lambs. IF someone can find the derogation i would love to phone them all to say their wrong

If you google "scotland animal movements exemptions" the very first link produced by google is this one http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/farmingrural/Agriculture/animal-welfare/Diseases/MovementRestrictions/ExemptHTML

Which lists all exemptions applicable in Scotland. It's been in force since 2007.

Beth

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 05:17:58 pm »
As so often is the case, the Scottish Goverment website is easily navigated, clear, comprehensive & comprehensible.  Sadly I can say none of this for the English one.  :(
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 06:27:35 pm »
Sorry ballingall  i was aware of these exemptions but they are only for standstill rules ,it states that the lambs/kids need the relevant identification . The only exemption for not identifying upon leaving the holding of birth that i can find is to take to the vet in an emergancy

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS