Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Testing for Brucellosis  (Read 6816 times)

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
Re: Testing for Brucellosis
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 04:25:43 pm »
It is a standard TRACES certificate to all European destinations............I've exported to Germany France Holland & Belgium.   
But in all cases the goats MUST be Scrapie free & certified free for at least the last three years, you must not have bought in any stock from a non certified free herd.........they will check your movement book.  Europe is Scrapie free which is why there is such a panic about it.  They must also be CAE neg with a current certificate if over 12 mths old.     The form which the Vet fills in the day before is several pages with additional questions that have to be answered.

EcoGypsy

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Cambs
    • EcoHolidays in Poland
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 06:46:01 pm »
Got all info I needed and it doesn't look as bad.

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 11:24:07 am »
What would one do if the current owner had only had the goats for a year but wanted to move to france ,? I take it this would be impossible untill ownership had gone over 3 years with all the correct monitoring !

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 11:59:04 am »
Yes that's right...................unless it can be proved that the animals came from an approved monitored herd and had not been in contact with any other goats.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 03:52:46 pm »
What would one do if the current owner had only had the goats for a year but wanted to move to france ,? I take it this would be impossible untill ownership had gone over 3 years with all the correct monitoring !

I would have thought that UNLESS the goats are of an incredible standard it is not worth the effort and costs to export your own herd. Much better to sell and start afresh with goats that are accustomed to the locality...

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 04:52:59 pm »
That would be the sensible option....................but we all do things that are not sensible.  Sadly it is possible in this case that the export may not be allowed given the information available.
They are so hot on things being exactly right................exporting farm livestock is completely different to pets and horses..............and no the goats cannot be reclassified as pets !!!!!!!

EcoGypsy

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Cambs
    • EcoHolidays in Poland
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 10:39:44 pm »
Well in my case, the goat bred I keep is completely unknown in the country where we are moving the smallholding to, and it is absolutely impossible to replace and build a new herd.

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2013, 07:06:36 am »
I wish you the best of luck with your venture.................but as I said before, I think you will experiemce difficulties beyond your wildest dream.
The breed is nothing to do with anything in this situation..............it is straight forward satisfying the very stringent health regulations.  I nave bred goats for 40 years & exported to Europe & beyond since 1980, and it has got progressively more difficult.                 It is no longer a simple matter of signing declarartions..............it is all about disease and a proven beyond all doubt of a disease free status.

EcoGypsy

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Cambs
    • EcoHolidays in Poland
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2013, 09:48:14 am »
As I said a few posts before, spoke to vets in export dept and it doesn't look as bad. Maybe because I'm moving within premies, not selling. Maybe because of the rules of the country we are moving to. I don't need to know as long as I can do it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS