Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Darkbrowneggs - giving up all poultry - last lot of Marans for sale chicks £5  (Read 15425 times)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
I could easily have them here  but I already downsized ready to move and have no idea when we may move or if the next place is going to be instantly suitable....come on peeps...I am sure loads will want them up here, love the egg colour

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
ok i have takers for 2 more so thats 4 need 1 more person who wants a pair of marans or there was mention of cream legbars in the OP as well

then tomorrow i'll try and get hold of Sue and hope she has stock left to reserve.

right all im off to bed I woke up in Arran this morning and with 4 kids it was a long trip home even if its not that far!!!

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
Hi there its pitch dark and pouring with rain here, but I will have a count up when I go up tomorrow morning and let you know what there is. 

How near do you think you are going to get to my area?  If I can possibly get out and meet you somewhere I will, but the house goes on the market this next week, plus I have various folk booked in to collect stock and my brother driving over from Norfolk to collect a couple of things he wants so the foreseeable looks a bit busy  :o   If you are anywhere near Doganjo I have promised her a pair.  They are not huge and I have a little carrier they could go in.  I will check how many it will take, how much space will you have when you come down?

I am at WR6 5AG
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks

I had also thought of maybe doing some house sitting type stuff  if I decide I like "living" in a campervan 
Though it would only be for chickens and dogs/plants etc, as I won't be fit enough now for much mucking out/milking type stuff :roflanim:   But some people might like someone who knows a bit about stock to just "keep an eye" whilst they had a break.  Over the years I have had milking cattle, beef and calves, sheep, pigs, and pretty well every type of bird, plus dogs cats horses and a vast variety of pet type things.  And I know all about plants.  So I might set up a little website thing to offer services.  I am looking into getting my Criminal whateveritis done so folk know I am an ok sort of person. 
As I was reading the first posts I was thinking you could pay for your travels by house sitting around the country, what an exciting idea,
Sorry to read about your mum, I can understand how you feel, hope you find a way to let us know how you are doing and where you are, good luck.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
well looks like we have enough interest for me to go collect some chooks

will be in touch with all those i have had pm's from once i know what stocks still available!!!

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
My earlier post stands as willingness if there is room for chicks - or I'd take older but sounds like I missed out there by going to bed last night  ::)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
OK - Have sorted through -  The incubators off and all the breeding stock has gone and this looks like the final list.

CL = Cream Legbar - see www.blue-eggs.co.uk
CM = English Cuckoo Marans - good dark egg laying strain see www.darkbrowneggs.info
CB = French Copper Black Marans - good dark egg laying strain
MM = either French Copper Black Male over English Cuckoo Maran female (very successful cross) or French Copper Black, but can't be sure as tags missing
SS = Sugarnspice, my hybrid line giving brown green or blue eggs see www.misssugarnspice.co.uk
Wel = Welsummer a new project from v. high quality dark brown egg laying strain potentially really good stock

GOING TO SCOTLAND CONTACT BLOOMER
16 MM - Just out of incubator this week, have culled all the obvious boys

GOING TO SCOTLAND CONTACT BLOOMER
10 CL female chicks 2 weeks old

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

22 CL female growers off heat for over a week £12 each

16 MM have culled all the obvious boys, off heat £12 each but someone is supposed to be having 10 of these

11 MM females about 6 weeks old £15 each + 3 free boys CB and MM if wanted for breeding on

5 Wel 6 weeks old should all be pullets, but a new breed for me £15 each + another 6 a bit older but same price if taking all  + free Wel male if wanted

3 SS pullets £10 each

Some carefully selected males which I had kept for breeding on with

1 CM male £5 just off heat

1 CM male £10 half grown

3 CL Males potentially very good £10 each

2 Nearly grown CL males looking good £15 each

1 Nearly grown CM male £15

« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 03:26:54 pm by darkbrowneggs »

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
Hi Ellied - you posted whilst I was typing out my long list, but I don't know if you are near to Bloomer?  If he decides to come over that is

Scotsgirl is coming this afternoon and Suzieque came this morning, but at present the are still some nice birds.  I just wish I could get in touch with the man who wants the 10 so I know whether he is going for dayolds or older.  Originally he wanted dayold, then older, he has been promising to come for 3 weeks now, but it is arranged he calls tomorrow just can't get him to answer the phone to finalize

I also have some Crested Ducks see www.crestedducks.co.uk and some of another breeding project Tufted Geese

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
ellied am just trying to work out how much stock i can move, if we got the 16 just out the incy i could keep them on heat here for a week or two or share some with you directly, any boys that slipped through would need new homes not here, although the youngsters are not going to be laying for a while its the best way for me to bring more numbers up :-)

just tallying my orders currently :-)

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
If the "Scottish Contigent" are happy with the ones just out of the inccy then I am happy for you to have those gratis. 

You have all been so good and supportive it is something which would make me happy to do. Then you can share them out between yourselves, though I would like Doganjo to end up with a couple of girls as well

I know I have some of those chick transporter boxes somewhere if I can just lay my hand on them they would be perfect for taking them home in

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
annie is 5 mins from me she will get what ever she wants :-)

looks like i want the 16 just off heat if you have something for them that would be great plus some cream legbars but trying to work out how many currently

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
Consider those yours, and if you have the space to take the 10 CL pullets plus a male have those as well and you can start a nice Cream Legbar breeding group up there.  Uou could always share the male around so the neighbours didnt do too much complaining - I often got people asking me for Cream Legbars from Scotland. 

When can you call over?

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
ideally a week on tuesday so thats the 6th, we are in the midlands friday to tuesday but best to come to you on our way home would guess mid afternoon but can change time to suit you...

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
Thats Ok but by then they will have all grown ie the 2 wk old will be quite a bit bigger, and the dayolds might not be good in the boxes, but I am sure we can sort it all out when you come, and lets face it they won't take up that much room whatever happens.  After all when they huddle up to go to sleep they make quite a small bunch and presumably that's what they will do on the journey home.

Mid afternoon is fine - and you are coming to The Grange WR6 5AG,  see you then, if you need to ph the number is 01885 482848   :thumbsup:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
i think i remember where it is, will see you then

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS