Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: can someone help or advise  (Read 5930 times)

gavin davies

• Joined Feb 2013
can someone help or advise
« on: August 08, 2013, 10:03:46 pm »
Hi everyone I am in a bit of a pickle at the moment and was wondering if someone can help me out or advise as my wife was due to give birth I had finally decided to take the pigs to slaughter they were supposed to go last week but the person who was supposed to help decided to get drunk and crash into a post van so he has lost his licence and had to sell all his vehicles so I decided to keep the pigs until after baby was born and try and sort something then but just has my luck is at the moment my wife went into labour on monday but had major complications and both wife and daughter are very ill in hospital so I am travelling home in the mornings and night just to feed the pigs which is a 40 round trip and with a 4 year on school holidays basically living in the hospital is not nice for him either  there just are not enough hours in the day and was wondering if there was someone on here who would take the pigs either as pets or even if they wanted to take them straight to slaughter as its really worrying me as I dont want to leave the hospital but I dont want the pigs to suffer as all the family are down the hospital at the moment there is nobody else who I can ask to feed them for me or can someone think of another solution there is nobody on the allotment at the moment either only the veg growers and they are only there a couple of times a week sorry for the long winded post

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: can someone help or advise
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 10:06:25 pm »
Where are you based?

gavin davies

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 10:24:18 pm »
Sorry south wales

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 10:37:05 pm »
Really sorry to hear about this. It must feel terrible. I'm in Somerset, so can't help i'm afraid, but I'm sure there will be someone nearer who can lend a hand. I do hope that your wife and baby recover quickly.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 10:47:26 pm »
Sorry I can't help but wanted to express that I can understand the stress,  chaos and worry you are going through and you must look after yourself . You can't look after anyone or thing ifyou don't look after you.
It is so difficult juggling everything . I hope someone comes along that can help and I hope your wife and baby make a speedy recovery :hug:
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

NetherBrae

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 11:43:25 pm »
I can't help as I'm in Scotland but my mum is South Wales. What's your nearest town? If you're close ish by, she may be able to help with daily feeding until you get something else sorted.

ferretkeeper

• Joined May 2013
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Brecon View Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 08:33:21 am »
Gavin I've PM'd you - I should be able to do something quickly to help!
breconviewfarm.co.uk Rare breed, free range.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 09:27:16 am »
gavin
hope you get something sorted out in all respects.
 :hug:  to you all
 :fc:  mandy :pig:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 09:40:42 am »
Such a stressful situation  :hug: wish I was closer to help out. Wishing your wife and baby a speedy recovery and hope ferret keeper has a solution   :fc:

Bumblebear

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Norfolk
    • http://southwellski.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 10:45:28 am »
I'm in norfolk so can't offer practical help,but just wanting to say ihone babe and mum are home and well soon.

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 10:55:49 am »
Tough times Gavin. Hang in there hopefully someone local will be along soon to help.

Tamsaddle

• Joined May 2011
  • Hampshire, near Portsmouth
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 01:16:56 pm »
"South Wales" is quite a large area - could you be more specific as to where your pigs are?

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 01:23:40 pm »
There are a lot of us in south wales who maybe able to help if we knew where you are.  :hug:
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

gavin davies

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 02:08:19 pm »
Porth 3 miles from pontypridd cf40 is the postcode sorry

fifisoo

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 09:15:06 pm »
Hope your wife and baby recover soon x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS