Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 333681 times)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #540 on: November 12, 2015, 12:52:24 am »
filled the car with petrol, if power goes off we cant get petrol from the pumps and the petrol station is 15 miles away! Got spare gas bottles, candles, generator filled and spare petrol etc etc etc.
Already had hail and lightning tonight  :gloomy: and the GP surgery aren't taking appointments for Friday as they don't think they will have power.
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #541 on: November 12, 2015, 09:18:29 am »
Having a check that is all secure before storm "OH MY WERE ALL GOING TO DIE" arrives, anything loose has been tied down, genny checked , supplies to hand in the bedroom ,duvet checked and ready if its as bad its as they say , then its a stay in bed day  I'm off work anyway , over cautious Me??.
Nope ,
Its a reverse sods law process , by being prepared it will be a nice bright sunny autumnal day  :fc: :fc:

09:00  east coast of Scotland;
Hah!  It's working so far, had breakfast outside in the sun soaking up the little warmth ,It's calm and quiet my coffee tastes nice, the chickens are playing silly sods , the geese are grazing, there is birdsong in the air .

Am i tempting fate ?

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #542 on: November 12, 2015, 10:02:36 am »
Having a check that is all secure before storm "OH MY WERE ALL GOING TO DIE" arrives, anything loose has been tied down, genny checked , supplies to hand in the bedroom ,duvet checked and ready if its as bad its as they say , then its a stay in bed day  I'm off work anyway , over cautious Me??.
Nope ,
Its a reverse sods law process , by being prepared it will be a nice bright sunny autumnal day  :fc: :fc:

09:00  east coast of Scotland;
Hah!  It's working so far, had breakfast outside in the sun soaking up the little warmth ,It's calm and quiet my coffee tastes nice, the chickens are playing silly sods , the geese are grazing, there is birdsong in the air .

Am i tempting fate ?

10:01 east coast of Scotland;

Fate tempted   :( :(

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #543 on: November 12, 2015, 10:18:24 am »
feeding calves. We have gorgeous sunshine too thankfully. After a week of solid rain, sludge everywhere and my wellies are leaking. >:( One more buff to calve and I'm starting to wean the first batch of calves, they are huge :o
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #544 on: November 17, 2015, 07:02:36 pm »
Prodded , poked , touched up ( female Dr ) so much for yesterday, today ,Prodded , poked , touched up ( female Dr again ) viewed the pet scan , its better than the ct scan !! nothing is hidden and in colour too. went home and hugged the goats,dogs, cats and Mrs RTB in that order.
Back to work tomorrow .

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #545 on: November 26, 2015, 08:24:41 pm »
waiting for the weekend.........

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #546 on: November 26, 2015, 11:34:11 pm »
Feeling miserable because my mum's partner died yesterday. Apart from being sad because I loved him as well, I am worried about my mum and how she will cope. My son is with her at the moment and we'll all go down for the funeral of course but I live a day's drive from her and I have to do that over two days as my physical state won't allow me to do it in one go. My brothers live near her and are supportive but I wish I was nearer.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #547 on: November 26, 2015, 11:53:54 pm »
 :bouquet: :hug:

sorry to hear your sad news MGoM
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #548 on: December 13, 2015, 08:11:12 pm »
replaced battery ,starter motor and alternator on tractor, its bleeding fffrrrreeezing so now of to Hibernate.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #549 on: December 13, 2015, 11:41:26 pm »
Cleaning out buildings, treating a cow with prescribed meds from vets for mastitis. Cooked a lovely roast beef dinner, now getting ready to go to sleep. Goodnight peoples :tired:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #550 on: December 17, 2015, 08:03:39 am »
This morning I should be making shortbread before I head of for my shift at the WRVS cafe at the local hospital.
Better get a wriggle on   ::)

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #551 on: December 17, 2015, 02:54:59 pm »
I have finished inputting my accounts for 2014-15, the cash book/diary/receipt trawl and cross comparison of what I did and what I seem to have paid/received has taken days in itself and the bank and credit card accounts were a doddle by comparison but it is now DONE! 
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #552 on: December 17, 2015, 06:15:46 pm »
Managed to have a day off today from farming, well sort of, all the big jobs are all done so only my daily chores to do, feeding/milking etc, etc. Managed to catch up on a series today, can't wait for the ending..... :excited:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #553 on: December 25, 2015, 05:15:25 pm »
Spent most of the day cleaning out the stable , during the night someone had been in and left it in a mess, straw had been pushed up to one end and it looked  like someone had kipped down, a strange smell of  Frankincense  and discarded Myrrh  wrappers as well . Well there must have been a few of them , but what worries me are the donkey droppings  and camel hoof prints in the yard .....
Oh well .
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 06:58:57 pm by Rupert the bear »

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #554 on: December 25, 2015, 06:26:52 pm »
Bringing sheep in, as its far to wet and they are miserable. Building a pen for a couple of my own store lambs, fattening them up for Feb.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS