Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: In light of recent global events.....  (Read 16497 times)

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
In light of recent global events.....
« on: March 13, 2011, 09:44:44 pm »
Who's making contingency plans for 23rd December 2012.

And, what are they?

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Sandy

Re: In light of recent global events.....
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 09:55:17 pm »
Whats happening????????????

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 09:57:06 pm »
Whats happening????????????
The end of the World I believe  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 10:06:04 pm »
OK then SEX!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 10:08:28 pm »
Well I'm not likely to have that available so I'll just plump for a big cuddle from my bestest friend, my dog. ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 10:45:15 pm »
hot chocolate? ;) wait and see, what else is there to do?
or have some cyanide plls ready  :P :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 10:47:54 pm »
Anyone know how it's supposed to be happening? and why the 23rd, why not Christmas Eve?  We might just have to have an early Christmas Eve methinks, or maybe even a Hogmanay.  Can anyone guess that I don't believe in predictions lol

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 11:04:17 pm »
according to the Mayan Calendar the world as we know it is going to end - different theories on interpreting the date. Scientists say it is the shift of the poles of the earth, others say an asteroid is going to hit the earth. Effects can't really be predicted either way. Hot chocolate for me. And make sure everybody is home for Christmas, just in case... :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 11:12:44 pm »
But the poles shifted yesterday - when the Japan earthquakes hit -  it moved the main island of Japan 8 feet and moved the earths axis!!
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Earths-axis-wobbles-your-days-shorter/articleshow/7689494.cms
If they get another one, like New Zealand did, that could be that.  And anyway, will we get enough warning to put the kettle on I ask? ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:14:18 pm by doganjo »

Sandy

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 11:22:22 pm »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 11:33:50 pm »
not every earthquake shifts the poles , "just" the land mass on the top . Wikipedia:  2012 phenomenon, explains it better than I could. I suppose whatever comes, we'll have to take it... :&>

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 12:57:33 am »
I thought the main date was 21st 12 2011 ? ,but it is on that day that the planets line up and many things happen .
Basically , the western consumer, technological lifestyle that we live  , will come to an end . It does not necessarily mean the end of the world , although there will/may be very many changes for most.
It doesn't actually take much for out lifestyle to come to a total halt . A pole shift can do it quite effectively , and if the pole shift were too also include major tectonic plate shifting , as is now happening , then TSCHTF .
 At the moment it could be the suns activity , sunspots , causing the problem of tectonic plate shift , as well as any 'magnetic' pole shift . The suns activity is increasing as it does every so many years , and 2012/13 is a massive year for sun activity .
 A magnetic pole shift is totally different to an axis type pole shift , although for technology , it would be just as fatal .
 At the moment we have other things happening as well . On the 15th of this month , the comet Elenin will pass very close to earth . It will be many thousands of miles away , and is not in the least likely to hit us, but, it's gravitational pull will already be affecting the planet . The degree that it affects earth is what nobody knows , until it passes . 
 Over six months ago maybe even a year  , I read about how it ,Elenin, could cause huge tectonic plate shift , as is now happening in the ring of fire . All around the plate earthquakes are happening like at no other time . The worst so far being the one in Japan. That doesn't mean that the one in Japan IS the worst though !! . It looks as though the big one ? 8.9 , may well be just one of many . The next 72 hours is the most likely time for another huge one , making this one look like small potatoes .
 The gravitational pull of Elenin could? , cause much more tectonic plate shift than has occurred so far , with massive tsunamis happening all over the planet . If the plate the the UK sits on were to shift as some say it may , then the UK could sink by 78 feet, and due to the worlds plates shifting all over , the sea could rise buy as much as 200 feet. This figure could be much worse over time if the world were to shift axis by more than a few degrees as the poles would then not be the pole anymore , and they would melt making the seas rise even more .
Therefore the UK could be just a series of smaller islands with Ireland disappearing altogether possibly .
 The closeness of the comet could cause the earth to actually stop turning for some time , and this would be the major reason for the massive tectonic plate that would send the seas ploshing from one side to the other in a series of tsunamis anything up to 1000 feet high , some say maybe even a mile high , and at speeds of 500 mph or more.
 As well as Elenin on the 15th , there is the super moon on the 19th . This where the moon comes closer to earth than it has for  years . Again it is gravitational pull that may cause huge problems , when put in conjunction with the effects of Elenin , as well as the sunspots that are continually hitting earth at the moment.
So ... there are a few things happening at the moment , none are good . And the earthquakes and volcano eruptions that are happening ARE caused by one or all or a mix of these things . It makes little difference which one is causing the problems , just that they will be lasting some time , maybe even up to and after 21 12 2012 !!
 We in the UK may not be excluded from this turmoil , the fact that the UK just held a huge country wide flood exercise involving 10,000 people , may well be just a coincidence  , or it may point to other possibilities ? There is a fault in the tectonic plate just below Ireland !!!
 All I can say is I am glad I live at about 1000 feet above sea level , and that I have enough food to get by with , till I can grow enough to live on .

cheers

Russ

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 01:13:49 am »
You do have to bear in mind, however, that gravity is an incredibly weak force. For a comet to have a significant gravitational effect upon the Earth it would have to pass very close and possess a significant fraction of the Earth's mass. You can't buck physics.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 01:29:33 am »
You do have to bear in mind, however, that gravity is an incredibly weak force. For a comet to have a significant gravitational effect upon the Earth it would have to pass very close and possess a significant fraction of the Earth's mass. You can't buck physics.

argue that one out with the physicists that said it . But also don't forget that it is the moons gravitational pull that gives us tides !!! and a lot more besides .

cheers

Russ

Joe11

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 02:01:03 am »
Oh my oh my i do love a bit of pseudoscience in the early morning ;D

Anybody have some nice scientific evidence to back this up?

Earthquakes, volcanoes etc are a natural process of our planet as the tectonic plates move over its surface. Certainly they are not caused by sunspots!!! Sunpots are just cooler areas on the suns surface. Presume what is meant is solar flares. Now I'm not sure if that post from rusty is meant as a joke (I'm still undecided whether it was or not??), if not think its wrong to present it as fact with pretty much zero evidence in support of any of these claims!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS