Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: two digging pigs free to good home  (Read 3711 times)

sam

• Joined Jan 2010
two digging pigs free to good home
« on: January 30, 2010, 05:35:46 pm »
two free pigs as great diggers and fantastic pets in Leicestershire. Ideal for organic style smallholidng. DEFRA license is needed for keeping pigs but easy to obtain. I do have electric fencing that I may be able to do deal on if girls can find the right home. One is a Tamworth and her mate is a kune kune. :pig: :pig:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: two digging pigs free to good home
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 12:12:45 am »
You could hire them out to dig peoples plots over - I hate the digging of my veg plot, seems such hard work!!

I still have my original pig sty on my field, but my small pony lives in there.  I cannot see him being too happy having two pigs move in, nor like it when they digged his paddock up!!

Tino

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 10:03:17 am »
If  you decide that you wou'd rent the pig out to people for digging plots over, i would be very interested as ive just taken a large over grown plot over and need as much help as possible.

Plus it would be very nice to have the ladys on the allotment.

Thanks Tino

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 01:55:53 pm »
Tino make sure on your tenancy agreement that you are allowed animals, and that goes for anyone else thinking of getting pigas as 'diggers'.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:00:50 pm »
Our local allotments are very popular, but I have noticed that no one has hens, goats, etc.  I assume they are not allowed to keep them.  Yet, in years gone by, thats where people who did not have any land always kept a pig, or a goat!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 07:05:26 am »
My grandfather kept a pig on his allotment.

Tino

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 10:52:39 pm »
Hello Sam,
I have a friend who has just moved to the countryside and is looking for more of a pet pig that just sausages. He was wondering about there age and any other general info? Are they still available?

Many thanks Tino

Grasshopper30

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 05:56:19 pm »
Hi all

you can't have a pig on your land unless you have a small-holder (CPH) number, plus there is quite a lot of paper work to fill in if you move your pigs even to your next door neighbours! Also pigs are not the easiest to contain, they really are the most fantastic escape artists! However they are really good rotavators!

Sally

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS