Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fires in Austrailia, the worse is over...I hope  (Read 17900 times)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: my daughter and her family have now left thier home in the Blue Mountains
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2013, 09:14:10 am »
They have now been allowed back home as the wind has dropped that threatened to shift a big fire towards them, well. at least they are ready, they need to be in their home to help fight small embers catching alight etc and also inevitably there are looters. this is just the beginning of the fire season, that concerns me.......it's all go down under, the tears I shed last night helped me deal with my emotions as a mum, I know just how much my daughters try to protect me from knowing just how bad they feel, sometimes a few tears relieve the tension, I feel much better today but know how real the situation is....
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 10:55:12 am by happygolucky »

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2013, 09:05:01 pm »
Oh Sandy, I'm glad they have been able to go home but I do feel for you. My children also don't tell me things if they think I'll worry. Then I worry about what they are not telling me.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2013, 09:11:04 pm »
Mind you, its also visa versa gave strict instructions last time I went into hospital, due to the panic that ensued after the fist time I went in. They are back in their home as its better to have people helping keep the fires down, they have things they have to do such as hose the house down all the time, but the fires still pose a  huge risk, they had to leave as the wind was strong and changed direction, I usually hear from my daughter around 10pm so I will get a better idea and update, not sure if anyone is able to go to work either and  hope they put the fires out soon.....the Blue Mountains will look very sad.......

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2013, 10:33:19 pm »
Oh, only just caught up with your thread again HGL. Having seen the reports on the news I can understand why you needed to shed those tears last night.  I do hope your daughters have positive news for you this evening so that you may be able to get a good night's sleep without even more worry.  Thinking of you and your family.  :hug:
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2013, 10:45:09 pm »
just been chatting my daughter, they are all very drained as its  hard to get away or sleep, but they are back in their home, the community spirit is immense and everyone is helping each other, they have many homeless friends and the place is thick with smoke and helicopters above all the time, they were glad to get out for the day but they are not past being at risk, it was bad yesterday as the fire threatened to turn their way, only 2 miles from them........I feel better today, although other issues also in Australia concerned both of us as much......not much to do but worry and waite

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2013, 09:11:12 am »
My daughter and grand daughters are staying away from the Blue mountains today as its getting too stressful and no one is getting much sleep, they took their Guinea pigs with them too, so they are now safe in a new temp home,  however my son in law has stayed behind to help hose down the house and was able to go to work today, hope things calm down soon. :fc:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2013, 11:56:25 pm »
Glad they are safe but hope the fires are put out soon. It sounds like an excellent community there but your mind will be easier knowing they are out of danger.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS