Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: BPA POSTAGE CHARGES  (Read 2623 times)

robert waddell

BPA POSTAGE CHARGES
« on: May 17, 2012, 07:42:16 am »
As titled I was reading the practical pigs mag and read the article about there charges seven grand a year for postage. I would work out a lot cheaper for them if they did not repeat themselves with articles big mistakes in this issue page 14 then to page 23-30 then p23-38 then p31-39 then p49-57. I know Marcus keeps telling me to read the magazine when it comes in but he is making sure we all read it twice.  ;D ;D
From Lill as I can't get on own laptop at the moment. ???

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: BPA POSTAGE CHARGES
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:13:30 am »
Not going to comment Robert as you all know my feelings but already had my backside whooped on the GOS site re BPA several times so...................................
mandy  :pig:

chickenfeed

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 09:23:01 am »
 :wave:keep lops and join the lop society ......................although we seem to be leppers when it comes to the bpa  ;)

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 09:26:28 am »
oh Mandy(as i burst into song)  you have to stick your head above the parapit some times  and you never know a bit of whipping    well        more paper extra ink heavier postage weights  and to be honest i thought it was my eyesight playing up when i read it last week
and on the bpa this is election year do you want to make a difference from the area that counts or always be on the sidelines your call Mandy :farmer:

robert waddell

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 09:30:54 am »
yes Kim Marcuse's face was a picture when he had to hand out the prizes at yorkshire last year ;)
could be worse imagine how the kunnies society are  :farmer:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 09:50:32 am »
oh Mandy(as i burst into song)  you have to stick your head above the parapit some times  and you never know a bit of whipping    well        more paper extra ink heavier postage weights  and to be honest i thought it was my eyesight playing up when i read it last week
and on the bpa this is election year do you want to make a difference from the area that counts or always be on the sidelines your call Mandy :farmer:

OH would kiil me if i stood for BPA already huffs and puffs about me being on GOS team, plus i don't think theres enuff like minded people on the BPA to support me so i'd be on a hiding to nothing so i'll just continue to heckle and be a pain in the derriere from the sidelines for the time being!
mandy  :pig:

Simon O

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Bonkle
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 10:23:14 am »
cf you are not leppers - you are loppers - that's even worse

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 10:25:07 am »
I think the BPA could reduce their postage charges significantly by emailing pedigrees out to folk instead of posting them as standard. Most folk now have internet and I'd definately be happier printing them out myself and saving say, £10 a year on membership (especially with postal charges rising  ;):thumbsup:

cf you are not leppers - you are loppers - that's even worse

;D ;D ;D
I'd rather be a Lopper than a lepper..........could be the opening line of a song  :D

chickenfeed

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 10:31:17 am »
 ;D i might get some badges made up "lopper and proud of it"

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 10:50:36 am »
I think the BPA could reduce their postage charges significantly by emailing pedigrees out to folk instead of posting them as standard. Most folk now have internet and I'd definately be happier printing them out myself and saving say, £10 a year on membership (especially with postal charges rising  ;):thumbsup:

I commend this idea to the board!  :thumbsup:
Mandy  :pig:

robert waddell

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 02:55:49 pm »
you might get another whooping for this one Mandy      the birth notes we can print off     used to be forms filled out then the birth note sent back    no problem there then
now the biggy  the bpa hold the data base and ensure the herd book has the correct info printed   to take it out of there control would be a big mistake and could lead to an abuse of the system     the credibility of the breeders would and could be brought into question :farmer:

HappyHippy

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 03:08:30 pm »
you might get another whooping for this one Mandy      the birth notes we can print off     used to be forms filled out then the birth note sent back    no problem there then
now the biggy  the bpa hold the data base and ensure the herd book has the correct info printed   to take it out of there control would be a big mistake and could lead to an abuse of the system     the credibility of the breeders would and could be brought into question :farmer:
The 'biggy' - it wouldn't be the breeders doing anything - the lady at the BPA, instead of printing and posting the pedigree/transfer would email the document to the breeder/owner. The BPA would have to be co-ordinating the herd book and registration numbers, but instead of sending info on paper through the post ,it could be sent as a PDF file or similar (so it can't be tampered with) as an email attachment  ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS