Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Diverticulitis  (Read 2750 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Diverticulitis
« on: February 02, 2014, 10:44:17 pm »
I had no idea how painful this could be. I didn't even know I had it until half past three this morning when the doctor came out. I thought it must be appendicitis. Apparently, most people have it over the age of 40 but mine has become infected.

I think I'd rather be in labour!!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:48:22 pm by Mad Goatwoman of Madeley »

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Re: Diverticulitis
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 11:12:19 pm »
You poor thing. Not a nice disease, hope you feel better soon.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 04:35:16 am »
Ooooooooh painful :unwell:

Hope you feel better soon
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 09:35:43 am »
I have had it for years now Leslie , I control it with diet, By trial and error I  found that kidney beans, belly pork, lentils , and white bread , nearly kill me, So wholegrain seeded bread, lots of other  veg , loads of fruit , bran flakes, porridge , unsalted nuts. are the way to go to stay pain free.  :thinking:

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 09:51:46 am »
I've never even heard of it - what is it?  :fc: I don't get it by the sound of it!  :hug: Hope you feel better soon.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 10:10:14 am »
My Mum had it and she had to take stuff called Fybogel.  It's a forming of pockets in the intestine, Hester, trapping body products, and they can get infected if they don't clear themselves.  Diet to bulk up the stool helps..
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 10:14:06 am »
Sounds horrible !

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 12:33:31 pm »
Poor you. :bouquet:   Stay clear of tomato and cucumber seeds, the flesh is ok (so I am told).

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 12:35:05 pm »
 :( Get well soon.  :bouquet:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 01:02:03 pm »
Thanks, all. Pain has lessened today and I have managed to keep a few spoonfuls of natural yoghurt down.

Hester, if the call out doctor is right, and you are over 40 you may well have it. I think that it's ok so long as it doesn't get infected.

Tiz, I only eat gluten free bread, and that rarely and I have a very high fibre diet.

Annie, I used to take Fibogel but it stopped working after a while so I am on something similar but maybe a bit stronger.

OH has just bought me some pro-biotic drinks. He asked for a big pot of live yoghurt and whoever was helping him shop in Tesco (one of their staff) said they only sell the small bottle. Not true. I often buy the big pots. At least I've got something. I'm due to go out for my Samaritan training tonight and I so hope I can make it. If I miss any of the sessions, I will have to wait a few months until they are training again so I can catch up. I don't want to wait so hopefully will be able to go.

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 08:19:42 pm »
Oh sounds painful.  :( Big hugs and hope you made your training.  :hug:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 10:10:55 pm »
Wasn't fit enough to go but the trainer said that there were two others who couldn't make it so she'll repeat the session for the three of us.

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 07:04:30 pm »
That's good that she will repeat the session, rather than you waiting for the whole course to come around again. :)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 11:48:37 pm »
Yes, I was relieved as well as glad I didn't have to go out. I slept most of the evening and then went to bed so I obviously wouldn't have been much good there.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS