Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pollytunnel  (Read 3119 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Pollytunnel
« on: February 03, 2009, 06:43:02 pm »
Well our pollytunnel arrived today which I thought was very good as its just a week since we ordered it. Seems they are selling loads just now. People like us eager to grow their own food. The garden is pretty wet so might be a few weeks before we can think about getting it up but at least its here.  :)

Crofter

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Isle of Lewis
  • We'll get there!
    • Ravenstar
Re: Pollytunnel
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 07:58:26 pm »
Good luck with it Sabrina!

Ours is still standing after 3 years of Hebridean gales, in fact it's weathering a force 9 northeasterly now.
Will need to cover it again this year though, it's more tape than cover now!  Where did you get yours from? Ours is a Northern.

Dave
Comfortable B&B on a working Croft on the Isle of Lewis. www.Ravenstar.co.uk

xxmillyxx

• Joined Jan 2009
  • East Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 08:26:43 pm »
Good luck sabrina
I am in the same position at the moment - only i'm just waiting for mine to be delivered.  Have you used one before ? I cant wait for mine to come.
We'll have to tell each other what we are doing with LOL
Good luck with yours  hun

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 10:17:27 pm »
just ordered ours as well

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 11:06:23 am »
We bought our tunnel from Clovis Lande Associates, we have never had one before but  there are quite a few around about our area that cope with the weather so I have high hopes of ours going the same. Can't wait to get started but with the snow it may be a few weeks before it gets put up. My husband has said it will be a piece of cake but i have heard that one before.  ::)

xxmillyxx

• Joined Jan 2009
  • East Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 11:55:29 am »
As Im typing the polytunnel has just arrived & hubby taking it up to the farm. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!
Had to laugh - I had it delivered to my shop & Angie (the lady on the till) told the man who said there was a delivery - no problems just bring it in I'll put it behind the counter.  Needless to say the delivery man was quite confused (LOL)
Just like I am sure we will be when we have to put it up.  No snow here - but a bit wet.  May be able to get it up next week - again - yeahhhhhhhhh

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 03:34:34 pm »
we've had ours for years...the frame was put up in several places without the plastic lol it last served holding the netting as protection of our berries from the birds. This year it's definitely going to happen, the weather is going to be just right (warm, no wind) and a few people WILL have the time on the said warm windstill day to help with putting the plastic up !

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS