Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ragdoll cats anyone?  (Read 3076 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Ragdoll cats anyone?
« on: July 23, 2012, 08:34:24 pm »

Does anyone have any experience of keeping Ragdolls? I've been told they make ideal housecats and as the local prison staff seem to have confused our lane with brands hatch I'd be interested if that is the case  :)

Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Ragdoll cats anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 09:34:18 pm »
Not personally, Plums, but the mum of one of my daughters friends has told me about hers.

She lives on a busy main road and lost several cats on there so had a ragdoll. She said it was more like a dog. Very affectionate and followed her from room to room. She said it seemed very content to be indoors and would go outdoors with her but never stray and come back indoors when she did.

Died of old age recently and she missed it very much.  :'(

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 09:35:40 pm »
my old neighbour used to have one ... semi house cat (not as in semi detached, but part-time house cat!!)
soft as grease, probably more inclined to stay home than most moggies.
    she did get it on with the local tom though, and the kittens were fairly out-doorsy :)
Little Blue

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 09:38:21 pm »
Ah that' sounds so lovely (sad that it has died now though).

Little blue - that did make me laugh (strumpets then?) lol

Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 09:40:59 pm »
or victim, we were never sure!

mind you, the cat they have now is a true house cat. My mum cat-sits when they are away, she can't feed Honey til they've been upstairs to her stool where she demands a brush!!
I think she's some kind of Siamesey breed, honey coloured & very food-sensitive.
Little Blue

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 09:49:22 pm »
Hmmm - our siameseX is very much the boss and self indulgent - and fussy food wise!  She followed us to the orchard today to check the plums until a sheep chased her away so she's kind of wanting to be near us all the time but I'm so scared she'll go on the road (but its too late to start keeping her shut in now, so just shut in at night)

Welshcob

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 10:26:16 pm »
Hi Plums,

I have had a rescue Ragdoll before and she was lovely, the sweetest and most malleable cat (a rag doll!!) I ever had - and had many.

She used to be an indoor cat but I gave her outdoor access sometimes and whilst her companion (a white Exotic Shorthair) run off never to be seen again  :'(, the Ragdoll actually stayed near the house and never went far.

I'd recommend them warmly especially if you have young children, they are very patient with pulled tails/paws/etc and never bite.

Mind you, the common say about Ragdolls not feeling pain is not true, it's just they are much more patient and accepting - and a bit daft at times  ::). I'd say they are the Labradors of cat world  ;D

:wave:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 08:48:07 am »
I have friends who have one and  he is a joy. big cat, very dog like and loves people. He gets taken out on a lead.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 10:16:18 am »
You've all sold the idea to me!  We won't be buying one while our Snowball is still alive and well as she is quite happy as an only cat and I'd worry that the arrival of a newbie might send her running back to the mad cat lady or worse still onto THAT road.
Once we do have one though he/she will be a housecat and lead trained  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS