Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tragedy  (Read 4115 times)

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
Tragedy
« on: September 24, 2013, 05:55:43 pm »
How could they stop making the VW campers? we had one as kids and i would love another one. tragic!

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/vw-camper-van-nears-end-124653698.html

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Tragedy
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 06:23:44 pm »
I had VW's for several years, 3 in total all 1972......our last one, the yellow one got sold not too long ago as it needed loads doing to it, the wet weather is not too good for their undercarriage but yes, I am also sad they are stopping making them, although I doubt I would ever have bought another RIP VW

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 06:25:49 pm »
I altered the photo but this was my first, a  Barbie pink with doors each side that opened while "in bed" and parked on a field at Lands End  :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:  RIP is ROT IN Peace man :fc:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 09:41:56 pm »
The end of an era.

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 01:37:34 pm »
However. I've got a VW T5 Transporter, which although not a campervan, is still lovely. My mate has done his T5 out beautifully as a camper, it's stunning. So the end of one era marks the start of another. It's like the circle of life dude  ;D
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 02:48:40 pm »
had two VW campers..the 1st one needed the cooker on just to keep warm
the second was just awesome,,

now i have a T5 work van... and that thing is fantastic  :thumbsup:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 03:14:09 pm »
They're just vans  ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 05:50:19 pm »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 08:44:07 pm »
 :roflanim:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 09:42:52 pm »
My cousin was transported to his funeral in a VW camper - a proper hippy one with painted flowers all over it. It was such an old bone-shaker that the hearse followed it just in case it broke down. He was late for his funeral as he was always being told "You'll be late for your own funeral" and his friends were determined he would be. I think that could have been due to the max speed that VW could manage.  :roflanim:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 09:49:45 pm »
I got a speeding fine nine, 37mph and I had a job going that fast

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 02:12:52 pm »
it might be a thing like Heinz's Salad cream - they might just try to figure out if there's still a market if they say you can't get it any more, so shout loud enough  ;) :&>

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 02:34:18 pm »
I think they are an ideal size and style, they are small enough to handle and if I had money to spare I would love a brand new one.....funny that they are fashion items too

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 12:41:41 pm »
i love the old beetles too, dont fancy the new ones so much.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 01:18:38 pm »
I am no car connoisseur but there is a chap near me that  has old VW's parked  up and old Landrover Defenders...now I could marry him for those are the cars I love...finally got a Landover but sadly not a Defender ...I also had a mini and love them too but again, although the new ones are rather lovely, I prefer the old ones........so the only thing on my car bucket list is a Defender.....not that cheap to look after unless you buy an expensive one...love our Freelander though..not quite as much as I loved having the old VW but much more practical these days.......My last VW had wonderful comfy seats, as it was not fast it was like sitting in an arm chair watching the countryside roll buy!! A relation of my husband drove up for a ride in  his 12 Cycliner Daimler Continental.....I would rather have my old VW  back and go slow  :eyelashes:  (non of my relatives have anything that posh)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS