Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: planning advice  (Read 3071 times)


  • Joined Dec 2012
planning advice
« on: March 29, 2014, 06:57:00 am »
We would like to put in a wooden structure down by our pond to let for campers and wondered if anyone knew the planning  requirements if any for this type of thing,  we were thinking of 2 one for sleeping in and one for eating in, no utilities or mains.



Tala Orchard

  • Joined Nov 2012
  • North Cornwall
    • Tala Orchard
Re: planning advice
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 07:09:00 am »
The type of thing you ae thinking of wil require full planning permission unless you intend for the use to be only for twenty eight days in a year and the structure is mobile, something like a gypsy caravan one that can be moved on and off the site. If not you will without a doubt need full planning permission and all the building regs approval that goes with such a structure. Especially as you are having one for sleeping in.
Pigs are human tooo


  • Joined Dec 2012
Re: planning advice
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:12:53 am »
Hi and thanks,

I have just located previous threads on this, looks like i have some fun ahead of me then.


Young Ed

  • Joined Apr 2014
Re: planning advice
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 02:15:29 pm »
are you building structures or buying them? either way probably not too hard to stick them on simple stub axles or so and simple smallish wheels and then board round the bottom to hide this if you so well wish and then some very simple steps up to the door
makes them officially 'mobile' and isn't all too expensive but if it is not too large and a very simple thing in any case then planning shouldn't be too hard, either way you will need to lay a proper concrete base/pad for said structures and would need to look into certain specs as i can't remember them off the top of my head and was a few years ago we had to last deal with such a thing

also you say it is 'by the pond' especially if you are getting planning for them you may have to consider the laws on how close they can be sighted to the pond. in Sweden i think it is now a minimum of 100m from a body of water but not sure in Britain
Cheers Ed


Planning advice

Started by Tracy mayoh (9.64)

Replies: 4
Views: 1923
Last post August 18, 2017, 07:24:26 pm
by pharnorth
Planning advice

Started by hnima (9.64)

Replies: 1
Views: 1795
Last post October 08, 2017, 04:11:50 pm
by mart6
Planning software advice

Started by TJHutchison (9.53)

Replies: 6
Views: 2147
Last post June 04, 2017, 04:01:27 pm
by greenbeast
Planning advice needed

Started by hnima (9.53)

Replies: 12
Views: 3901
Last post August 27, 2017, 04:26:45 pm
by honeyend
planning advice North Wales

Started by Ghdp (9.43)

Replies: 5
Views: 1741
Last post December 05, 2019, 06:51:26 pm
by Ghdp

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2022. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS