Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: AM just sitting here wondering if any one orders from plant catalogue  (Read 15752 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
I am looking at the thompson and morgan seed catalogue and am wondering if any one else look at them too.
Who do you think is the best catalogue?

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
Re: AM just sitting here wondering if any one orders from plant catalogue
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 11:38:34 am »
I like the Organic Gardening Catalogue. We're members of the HDRA and buying from it helps support their work, so have an added incentive.

We might open a seed-swapping board if there's enough interest - I know that most years we have lots of half-full seed packets left over - what do you think?

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 12:19:29 pm »
I like that idea of a seed swap, this helps keep cost down and also prolong the life of the seeds if you no what i mean
I am quite lucky at the moment i have been given about £17 quids worth of vouchers for thompson and morgan the only problem is am having trouble deciding what to get lol Which isn't always a prob for me and seeds lol
linz

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 06:57:30 pm »
I like the T&M catalogue too. The vegetable bit has useful growing instructions. I do get seduced bt the marketing and make a long list of seeds, then have to cut it back when reality strikes home. This year, I grew aubergines - we don't LIKE aubergines, but according to the catalogue, these were the best thing since sliced bread.

I'd really like to get some Mayan Gold potatoes, if anyone knows a source...

Pebbles

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Central Scotland
    • Ardunan Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 10:47:01 pm »
We got some really nice potatoes from our local farmer's market and they worked out a treat when we eventually planted them. Pink Fir, Ratte, Golden Delicious (for MB's mum) and ...something else - I'm so scatty! They had plenty of other traditional and unusual types which I dared not try on my first attempt. ::)

Anyway that might be worth a try if you're looking for something less commercial or 'rare'.

Pebbles

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS