Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from TAS too  (Read 7860 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Hello from TAS too
« on: October 22, 2007, 08:12:29 pm »
Hi, everyone. I'm Rosemary, Dan's wife and the hard-working, non-technical part of the set-up. I'm really a frustrated farmer - my degree is in agriculture - and what we do now is the fulfillment of a dream, even in a small way. Although my hands-on experience is some two decades out-of-date, I reckon the anatomy of a sheep hasn't changed much and I still have small hands (!). I enjoy the livestock best - I do vegetables and stuff, but don't find it as stimulating as the animals. And I can't believe how much I don't know!

My biggest frustration is my lack of understanding of the farming industry - I get "The Scottish Farmer" every week and can't understand most of it. (I understand the sales pages though, much to Dan's horror). I hope to get some information together for the website on the bureaucracy of smallholding, over the winter.

Look forward to getting lots of information from all of you!

jan

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Hello from TAS too
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 10:56:14 am »
Hi Rosemary, I have watched over the past year as yourself and Dan have gotten braver....well done for giving it your all, you have a beautiful spot up there, we love Scotland and one of the things we have said is when Paul retires from the RAF we would like to Emigrate to live up there!! ;D  My best friend lives right on the coast at Lossiemouth, within touching distance of the beach.  Even in winter we love it.. ;D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 07:09:32 pm »
One of my colleagues daughter lives in Lossiemouth - her husband is in the RAF and is based there. I love Scotland - I truly wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Wanda L. Wood

• Joined Oct 2007
  • United States
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 03:32:24 am »
Hey Rosemary! I love this forum. I have learned so many helpful hints! I plan to read it all! For the record, I think you do a FANTASTIC job!! You both are great at not letting farming scare you off. And you both are the WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 08:07:51 am »
Hi Rosemary, have been a fan of AC for a couple of years now delighted to have the forum to be able to "meet up" with others.  HM

jan

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 04:26:44 pm »
What a small world Rosemary? 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS