Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Victorian Summer (Paul Heiney)  (Read 2726 times)

rustyme

Victorian Summer (Paul Heiney)
« on: March 14, 2009, 01:26:18 pm »
http://www.itvlocal.com/anglia/documentaries/

the above link should take you to Anglia tv's documentaries section . You should then see , on the right hand side, the choices to watch . These choices should contain : History , and within that :
A victorian summer , episodes 1/2/3/4 etc. Very good sereis and if you liked Victorian farm you will also enjoy this.

cheers

Russ

carole h

• Joined Jan 2009
Re: Victorian Summer (Paul Heiney)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 05:40:13 pm »
Thanks for that Russ - It looks really interesting. I will be watching it later ... with a glass or two ...
Cheers!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 08:37:09 am »
I'd watch it too except Channel 4 are as mean as the Beeb re outsiders watching their programmes.  Odd attitude considering the internet is free to all.

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Kirkintilloch, NE of Glasgow
    • Calum Morrell Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 12:07:09 pm »
Apart from it being from ITV not Channel 4..  ;D

..it's not actually the BBC's fault (or the other channels). Even the programs they make in-house have multiple sources of material licensed from other commercial producers for which they pay a fee for the region of use. In order to make their programmes available to anyone on the net, they would need to pay far far more in fees to these producers, making programming vastly more expensive for the benefit of people not contributing toward the cost via a license fee.

Now I don't actually agree with that last point, but programming for the net is still in its infancy and the various producers need to understand the problem, have the will to resolve it and begin altering their contracts with the various copyright holders to grant them the unlimited use, global region, net only style license they would need to be purchasing in order to open it up.

It won't be quick, but I think they're slowly working toward it. In the meantime, you could of course use a location cloaking proxy such as TOR and finding an end node in the UK which would get around the fairly simplistic IP range blocking the BBC utilise to decide where you live.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS