Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: electric poles, payments  (Read 1517 times)


  • Joined Mar 2016
electric poles, payments
« on: August 10, 2019, 09:40:36 pm »
ive just taken some land over , from my parents , they got around 100 a year for the poles etc , ive been onto them and told them I own the land they've offered me 60/year , now how do I stand ive no contract or any paper work signed for the poles , can I ask them to remove them from my land !!!


  • Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
Re: electric poles, payments
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 05:20:12 am »
there are companies that specialise in this; I expect a google search would reveal some near you. Do keep us posted how it goes!


  • Joined Apr 2019
Re: electric poles, payments
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 07:15:38 am »
It depends if the lines are there via wayleave or easment. The former you can terminate with sufficient notice. The latter is usually registered with the land registry as having permanent access to maintain the infrastructure and although these can still be removed it's more complicated and will involve legal costs etc.


  • Joined Feb 2012
Re: electric poles, payments
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 07:42:56 am »

Our utilities company has a set amount per pole but that might not be a standard rate. If new lines are needed across your land then a land agent would help and I guess they would also help with your query.

Given they have already set a precedent then I would have thought you could expect the same money as before.

I wouldn't think you can easily ask for the poles to be removed but as a legal battle is likely to cost a lot more than 100 so I think you should be able to negotiate with them yourself and get it.


  • Joined Dec 2010
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Two Retirees Start a New Life in Wales
    • Facebook
Re: electric poles, payments
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 05:13:11 pm »
Do I read this correctly? You're in dispute with your parents over 40 a year!
If you do own the land just get in touch with the wayleave department of the relevant electricity utility company for your area, tell them you have bought the land. They will then check with the land registry and tell you what the standard payments are and start paying them to you.


Help with Single Farm Payments

Started by Stereo (9.35)

Replies: 3
Views: 2993
Last post August 31, 2012, 09:54:17 pm
by Stereo
Single farm payments

Started by YoungRasher (9.35)

Replies: 7
Views: 4500
Last post October 21, 2012, 06:37:42 pm
by YoungRasher
Single Farm Payments

Started by NRT (9.35)

Replies: 4
Views: 3212
Last post October 31, 2012, 10:06:28 pm
by SteveHants
Rural payments agency and the 5 Ha BPS rule...

Started by oakleaves (9.25)

Replies: 0
Views: 1889
Last post March 08, 2015, 07:26:48 am
by oakleaves
CPH number/ Rural payments Advice for new smallholder please

Started by hannah_D (9.15)

Replies: 6
Views: 2053
Last post April 24, 2019, 03:56:52 pm
by Backinwellies

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2022. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS