Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: saying hello  (Read 2995 times)

luckyewe

• Joined May 2022
saying hello
« on: June 02, 2022, 03:46:40 pm »
 Hello All
I'm not good with technology and this is my second attempt to introduce myself so fingers crossed I have got things right this time.
I'm a textile designer/maker,weaver and wool merchant working with farmers in Cheshire and Lancashire to promote the use of wool.... a wonderful,readily available natural resource!
 I buy fleeces direct from 2 farms which are high nature value,low intensity and the fleeces are processed at a small mill in Derbyshire.I try to keep things as local as possible and I'm looking for someone in the Stockport or Macclesfield area of Cheshire who might be interested in my project and sell me a few fleeces this Summer. I can source Lonk,Bluefaced Leicester and Mule fleeces but can use other breeds and I'm always short of coloured fleeces.Please get in touch if you would like more information.

KirinChris

• Joined Apr 2022
Re: saying hello
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 10:47:47 am »
I canít help with fleece (yet) but it sounds interesting.

Welcome !

luckyewe

• Joined May 2022
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 11:57:04 am »
Thank you.I produce single farm yarn from Lancashire fleeces and I'm hoping to have some Cheshire Smallholders wool if I can interest some people in helping to promote wool.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 02:50:40 pm »
I don't know if you use Ravelry, but there is a small but dedicated group on there intensely interested in British sheep and their wool, and helping farmers get a decent return on it.

Do not click this link if you do not Ravel already and are epileptic, tend to migraine, or have other optical issues. 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

luckyewe

• Joined May 2022
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 11:32:21 am »
Ravelry! Never thought.... thank you! This stage of my project is to find someone really close to me to sell me some fleeces so even less mileage involved. On the edge of The Peak District I should find someone! Thanks for getting in touch.

buxtonmarauder

• Joined Jun 2022
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2022, 03:52:32 pm »
Hello...

I have 14 fleeces that were sheared last weekend just sitting in a ballast bag waiting to be collected.

They are from the yearling ewes we have on our land.. Technically, the fleeces belong to the sheep owner but I don't think she has any plans for them.

I can ask her if you're interested.. ? we're just down the road from Leek and 20 mins from Macclesfield.

Thanks

Jason

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2022. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS