Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Landlegend compact tractor  (Read 113 times)

Blosmai

• Joined Sep 2021
Landlegend compact tractor
« on: September 13, 2021, 05:57:26 pm »
Hi,
 i am a retired land lover who is downsizing and will  have just over an acre of land. I was looking at compact tractors and wanted one around 40hp with a front end loader. i went on Friday to look at the landledgend and was impressed. Before i put a deposit on one can you advise what you think of them please. I can see that its been 6 years since they were mentioned on here last.
Many thanks
David.

PaulStaffs

• Joined Sep 2021
Re: Landlegend compact tractor
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 12:54:38 pm »
Hi David

Just my two cents but dependant on the implements you hope to run, I think you might find the horsepower on a compact is a little underwhelming. I plan to buy a machine myself but will go for an older unit with higher horsepower, as it wonít be doing big hours.

Apologies if this response is unhelpful and I canít personally comment on the brand youíve mentioned but i just said wanted to encourage you make sure the machine has enough Ďgruntí to do what you need of it, run what what you want etc.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: otherwise known as Covid Central (actually that's probably Devon),
Re: Landlegend compact tractor
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 08:21:16 pm »
I have to disagree with PaulStaffs - 1 acre might not even be compact tractor territory !!  And a 40hp tractor is really quite adequate for a whole load of op's on a small acreage.  However .... 

... depends what you want to do @Blosmai.  If you want to churn sod or cut grass regularly, then maybe just keep any big tractor and any Cat 2 implements you might have already. (Many of my neighbours manage really small meadows with their big kit.) 

What is it you want to do on your remaining circa 1 acre please ??
Can't offer comment on Landlegend although I noted, once, that they were advertising a "UK tweaked" Chinese product for the UK market. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 08:29:45 pm by arobwk »

Best compact tractor for 6 acres of hill side land?

Started by 4 dogs (13.14)

Replies: 14
Views: 16767
Last post June 29, 2014, 07:55:54 pm
by woodman
Trusty tractor New member

Started by Dappy (5.85)

Replies: 4
Views: 1443
Last post December 12, 2011, 11:49:27 pm
by Mad Goatwoman of Madeley
To Find a Trusty Tractor ?

Started by PeteH (5.85)

Replies: 1
Views: 1085
Last post September 19, 2016, 03:39:33 pm
by devonlady
help and advice ineeded please to buy a small tractor

Started by redsquirrel (5.78)

Replies: 6
Views: 2054
Last post June 22, 2010, 12:12:14 pm
by jawcraig

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2021. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS