Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from freezing cold County Durham  (Read 6964 times)

AMunro

• Joined Dec 2007
    • The Virgin Porker
Hello from freezing cold County Durham
« on: December 13, 2007, 04:18:45 pm »
I'm Alex, and thought that as I'd posted a topic on pigs in the last couple of days, I thought I should introduce myself rather more formally (!)

I suppose I'm less of an accidental smallholder, more of a 'forced upon my father-in-law' type of smallholder.  Poor man, his lovely son met me 4 years ago and I've come up north with my fancy London ways and am gradually ruining his quiet life!  Strictly speaking, I'm no sort of smallholder at this very present time, but I shall be taking charge of my 1st (and what I hope to be many more) pair of Saddleback weaners this weekend.  Excited is not a strong enough word of how I'm feeling right now.  I'm scared / happy / anxious / yes, excited and really cannot wait til they come home on Saturday. 

Eventually, I'd like to keep a Dexter cow or 2 too, but one step at a time (and don't tell my father-in-law!!!)

Anyway, it's lovely to 'meet' you all and read all of your stories - I feel I'm part of a special 'gang' now!

Speak to you all again very soon no doubt and I'll let you know how I get on.

Alex
x

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Hello from freezing cold County Durham
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 06:11:40 pm »
You really do feel your excitement through your words - it really is so nice!

Make sure you get yourself a really good pair of wellies and a 'padded seat' since certainly our Saddleback Laura as lovely as she is, is a bit of a bottom biter as mentioned elsewhere,  and much to our surprise we hear that one of her daughters is as well!!

Looking forward to hearing all about your new arrivals at the weekend.

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 08:14:56 pm »
Hi, Alex

Great to have you join the "gang". Look forward to hearing how besotted you are after Sunday!

Rosemary

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 09:31:38 am »
hi and welcome  ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 03:26:22 pm »
Enjoy your last few hours of sanity because from tomorrow you will be completely pig besotted, obsessed, hooked, just to  name but three ways of decribing your new life.  Its wonderful.

AMunro

• Joined Dec 2007
    • The Virgin Porker
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 06:11:13 pm »
Hello again everyone!!!  They're finally here & I've decided to start a little blog so that I don't clog up this forum with all of my tales!  If you'd like to have a read (there are piccies too) it can be found at http://www.thevirginporker.blogspot.com

Hope I don't end up boring you all to tears!

Suffice to say I'm totally in love with them already! x

jan

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 02:23:07 pm »
Hi Alex and a big welcome from me, im sure you will love this forum. Janx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS