Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Vaccination  (Read 1513 times)

Goats!!!

• Joined Aug 2016
Vaccination
« on: August 16, 2018, 07:39:14 am »
We have four goats vaccinated with Lamivac. We now have a few lambs who are vaccinated with Hepvac P, so it really makes sense for them all to be on the same vaccine if possible, is it ok for the goats to be on Hepvac P?
Thanks

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
Re: Vaccination
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 09:58:47 am »
[member=132794]Scarlet.Dragon[/member] I was wondering if you were aware of any evidence regarding the goat immunity with Heptavac P?  Do you know if the Goat Vet Society did a risk based assessment (I.e educated guess) or was there some verified examples?  The formal clinical studies are always on sheep so not much will be formally reported on goats as it is off license subscribing.

Currently I use Heptavac P and as I dose 3 times a year (pre lambing/ kidding, 1st and 2nd jabs) can conveniently add in the goats twice a year.

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
Re: Vaccination
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 04:15:21 pm »
Cheers, sounds like we are doing much the same. Essentially if I have any left in the bottle the goats get an extra jab so at least twice a year, sometimes 3.

Advertisement

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS