Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Jake  (Read 2114 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Jake
« on: August 09, 2018, 03:32:10 pm »
We had to have our Jack Russell Jake put to sleep on Monday. He was 15 years 8 months old and the light of my life. I had always had big dogs but when my old German Shepherd past away I decided to go for a Jack Russell. He trained with my other 2 Shepherds and was so well behaved. when I gave the command to leave he would stop in his tracks wither it was a bird, hare or deer such was his training. In his head he was a German Shepherd and looked after me every day. Two weeks ago he was running around as usual. The vet thinks he had been having small strokes as he had started falling over. the last few days even going out became hard for him and he did not want to eat. My other 2 dogs seem lost. I know I will feel better in time but for now every day is empty without him.

cans

• Joined May 2013
Re: Jake
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 04:22:01 pm »
 :bouquet:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 05:21:22 pm »
Loosing a dog can be very difficult. They just worm their way into our lives.

My sister has a JR who is 17 years old. She knows his time will come soon but is dreading it.
 :bouquet:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 07:47:16 pm »
 :'(  :hug:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 09:33:01 pm »
 :hug:  :bouquet:

We have all been there and will all be again.  They give us so much.  :love: :dog:

Sending love to you, [member=467]sabrina[/member].  Best for the little dog it was so swift, but so much harder for us when we have no time to prepare!  :hug:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 08:18:59 am »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 09:47:24 am »
Thanks everyone,

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 01:17:19 pm »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:
Just sending you some hugs, Sabrina.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS