Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pedigree  (Read 1715 times)

kev meaney

• Joined Sep 2015
Pedigree
« on: August 08, 2018, 03:56:55 pm »
Hi I've been offered a couple of Oxford and Sandy black gilts which were registered however I'm told that a new member of office staff didn't know way the paper work was for and destroyed them. Would there be any way of getting them re registered if I did take them. Thanks

PK

• Joined Mar 2015
  • West Suffolk
    • Notes from a Suffolk Smallholding
Re: Pedigree
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 05:54:23 pm »
The British Pig Association maintains the record of pedigree registrations which are accessible to anyone on their website. Select the online herd book for OSB. If the pigs you have been offered have been registered they will certainly be listed there. The lost paperwork does not sound right to me. The BPA and their administrative processes are very efficient in my experience. Registrations are normally carried out online. I think I’m correct in saying that registration (which has to be submitted by the breeder, by the way) needs to be done within a year of birth.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Pedigree
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 05:41:09 pm »
Registration is a two part process. Firstly, birth notification and then registration. Birth notified BPA pigs can only registered by the breeder and I think this can be done at any time. (For British Lops it is one year maximum).

If you have been offered "registered" pigs the birth notification forms will still exist at the BPA. BN forms are electronic or paper. The breeder keeps a paper copy. Pedigree certificates can only printed off after BN forms and then registration forms have been produced so the BPA should be able to produce a duplicate. If the registration forms were lost then the BN forms would still exist.

If the pigs have been "killed off" but still exist the BPA would sort this out. Part of that process would be for a BPA/breed rep checking the ear tattoos.

Without the paperwork it is not a pedigree pig.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS