Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A Celebration!!  (Read 1327 times)

The_Hawthorne_Pack

• Joined Jun 2015
A Celebration!!
« on: June 24, 2018, 08:56:11 am »
 :excited:

UPDATE!!

It just keeps getting better!  We have now been offered a couple of DexterxAngus heifers who may be in calf.  I have sourced reasonably priced IBC's to ensure our water supply, so things are rockin' at the moment. Wouldn't have believed it a few months ago.  Thanks for all the great replies and comments.

After many years of trying, and numerous disappointments, The Hawthorne Pack are now the proud renters of a piece of land and four little Berkshire piggies!  Turkeys will be coming next week.  I had given up, and was getting very depressed, especially with people sighing and saying "Well, maybe it's just not meant to be."  The piece of land is quite close to home, and will stand quite a bit of improvement, and there is also some more land that I can have if I clear it, at a very reasonable rent, so it looks like we are going forward after all.  The message is, don't give up!! It's been a long hard road for us, but since I have had my pigs to look after I feel so much better than I have for years.  I had even stopped reading my Smallholder magazines, and stopped looking on the forum here, but hopefully that dark time is now behind us.  If you have the dream, hang on to it and don't stop trying!  (Even if you have a relative, like we do, who says "Pigs!  Whatever do you want them for?"  ( actually, he said, "What the bloody hell do you want them for?"))  Away, Negativity, Away!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 09:44:05 am by The_Hawthorne_Pack »

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: A Celebration!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 09:10:04 am »
Wonderful news! Congratulations and best wsied with your pigs and turkeys! :thumbsup: :excited:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 09:26:32 am »
What a lovely email.  For some of us, it's just in our blood and we have to do it.  It took us a long time too and now it's just our lives  :farmer: .  Haymaking at the moment  ;D :farmer:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 12:43:03 pm »
Positivity all the way on here -  :yippee:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 05:25:31 pm »
Good for you!
My life won't have been lived till I've raised my own pigs... one day...!
 :pig:

Lynne South

• Joined Feb 2017
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 10:12:38 pm »
Congratulations. You must be very excited! Hope it all goes really well for you.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS