Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Need a help on smallholder's survey  (Read 2528 times)

YaYa

• Joined Jun 2018
Need a help on smallholder's survey
« on: June 27, 2018, 02:59:21 pm »
Hello all, me and my friends are the postgraduate students from Lancaster University. We are in the middle of collecting the information on the impact of online reviews on smallholders' decision making and would like to ask for a little help from you.

Here is the link to our survey.
https://lancasteruni.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3lLBKV8acn7549f
It contains simple questions which will take less than 10 minutes to complete all of them.

Thank you for your participation indeed,
we really appreciate it :farmer:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Need a help on smallholder's survey
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 12:07:15 am »
You don't day that you only want participants who have recently bought a tractor, but the way the questions are written I think this is what you are looking for?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 07:00:39 am »
I filled it in but had to go back a few years to tractor buying.  We also came into smallholding from a large holding so were downsizing in the tractor department but knew what we were after.

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 11:06:53 am »
Seems more about tractor buying than smallholdng???

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 03:09:56 pm »
I've just skewed their survey.  he he

I went right throgh ticking the centre box on each question, then at the end I ticked other.  I just felt in a wicked mood  :eyelashes:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 08:00:28 am »

I went right throgh ticking the centre box on each question, then at the end I ticked other.  I just felt in a wicked mood  :eyelashes:
Why would you do that? If it was your grandchildren's University project?

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 08:49:21 am »
[member=178628]YaYa[/member] , I had a look at this too, and there's nothing at the start to explain anything of what the survey is about, but then it launches straight into tractor buying. I'm a smallholder, but I don't own a tractor and probably never will. As a result, I answered the first question but then had to quit the survey as it was no longer relevant. At a postgrad level, you need to be gathering good data if you're going to get anywhere near decent grades, and my fear with this one is that even with the best will in the world, you're going to get a mixture of a few good responses, followed by garbage.

Can I respectfully suggest that you either make the description at the start more explicit, or widen the scope to "think of the last big capital item you bought....."? 
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 09:21:51 am »
Personally cant think why you would be asking smallholders who often don't buy tractors or if they do they will be 'vintage' …………………………..   sorry I stopped at question 2!
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Lingon

• Joined Feb 2018
  • Uppsala, Sweden
  • The more I see of mankind, the more I prefer dogs.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 09:44:11 am »
This is the type of tractor that is far more usefull to a smallholder than the ones you think about:

By henry von platen - henry von platen, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=4438288

The people buying  petrol tractor, tend not to be smallholders. A grass tractor can be used for things like forrestry, plowing, land care and it also produce fertilizer. And it is edible, you can't find one petrol tractor that is that.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 10:03:37 pm »

Why would you do that? If it was your grandchildren's University project?
Becasue it isn't. It's obviously just to find out who buys tractors and what kind they are likely to buy next.  How many smallholders have tractors and change them regularly?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 02:45:14 pm »
YaYa …… doesn't seem very interested in the survey?
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS