Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poorly goat  (Read 12135 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Poorly goat
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2018, 01:03:37 am »
Caldi is now in her new home. She gave me a long look as I left and I nearly went and got her but I know it's best for her and, in the long run, best for me. I just need my heart to synchronize with my [size=78%] head.[/size]

I'll get there.

Today hasn't be helped by being told yesterday that my elderly mother was in hospital with a possible aortic bleed, which could prove fatal. Fortunately, a CT showed no sign of a bleed and she's be sent home. Staying with my brother over the weekend as she still doesn't feel well. I have spoken to her on the phone and told her about the goats. She was quite good about it because she's been telling me to get rid of them for ages.

Thank you so much everyone for all your support. It really has meant a lot and helped me get through.  :bouquet: :hug:

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2018, 10:15:14 pm »
Well Caldi is settling in very well. She has already sussed out that anyone hedging is the place to be and is always one of the first into the field. Jac (the lad) is very interested in her!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2018, 03:12:31 pm »
Thanks, Kate. I have been wondering how she is. With Caldi, though, home is definitely where the food is. I'm glad she's settled though.

With all the baby cuddling, feeding and changing, and with a three year old's questions to answer, I've been too busy to miss the goats. It'll be when we get home on Friday that it'll hit me, I expect.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2018, 12:44:47 am »
And I was right. I didn't manage to arrange for the shed to be taken down so it's still there but cleaned out. I keep looking out the window and expected to see a head appear in the doorway. The fence round the yard is due to come down tomorrow so it will soon start looking more like a garden.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2018, 06:12:27 am »
 :hug:

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2018, 08:19:21 pm »
Well anytime you want to visit, she will be here.

Have you decided what you are going to do with the area? Be a lovely area for a bench etc or even a coop and a few hens!  ;) ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2018, 10:55:54 pm »
I will visit but not for a bit in case she thinks I've come to take her home.

The shed was taken down today. I'm having a narrow low raised bed along the fence that I can grow flowers up and a couple of raised beds for growing whatever I feel like growing next year (probably scented flowers). I have an Adam and Ever seat that just needs assembling that will sit in that area. Bought it two years ago. I did mention hens and  him indoors said absolutely no more livestock.  :'( [size=78%]I'd love to have hens again but he was put off after we lost the lot to a fox. It really upset him and he just didn't want to face it again. He used to look after them and loved to go and just listen to them.[/size]

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS