Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goodbye for a while  (Read 6866 times)

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
Re: Goodbye for a while
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 08:38:54 pm »
Good luck, fingers crossed for you  :hshoe:

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 09:16:40 pm »
All the best Roxy. Hope you get sorted real soon.

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Daisy

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Near Earlston Scottish Borders
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 09:33:06 pm »
Good luck with everything, you know you are very welcome here if you are coming up to Scotland to view property  :wave:

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 09:33:57 pm »
It will all go well Roxy and its quite an adventure! A whole new place for you and your animals.

When you come back we want all the gritty details.  ;D

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 09:35:18 pm »
Oh Roxy, I hope the auction goes as well as can be expected, and that you find someplace soon. If I can help in any way, let me know- a place to stay etc etc.

Beth

Sandy

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 09:38:15 pm »
Life turns up with some hiccups at time, hope yours are gone soon and you end up somewhere wonderful, good idea to pop into a libray on occasions to  use thier computor...I missed the internet when we moved but kept having to find internet cafes and the libray...hope your back soooooon!

ser3dan

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 07:11:15 am »
Good luck Roxy - I hope things sort themselves out for you. Having had to pack up my things and store them I know what you're going through, but I took the view that it's the start of another adventure - both my girlfriend and I are looking to move to Scotland so we may see you up there!  :wave:

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 07:48:42 am »
Good luck with everything!

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 09:31:08 am »
Wishing you the best of luck Roxy - your post re
"isolated as possible would suit us, I would be quite happy living on the moors with nice scenery, and nothing to make the dogs bark (although knowing them, they would find something!!)"
made me laugh - our dogs used to bark at people passing the garden - now we've moved to Aberdeenshire, surounded by fields, they bark at tractors 2 miles away!! At least they're happy.
Really hope you find somewhere that suits your needs and you and your animals get settled soon  :wave:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

HappyHippy

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 09:37:20 am »
Roxy, I hope everything goes okay for you and look forward to your return  ;D
I can also offer somewhere to stay if you're coming up this end of the country househunting, just get in touch.
Take care, Karen xx

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 09:43:43 am »
good luck hope you get something soon , could you not 'park ' on the other bit of land you have

Linz

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 10:56:31 am »
I am still here ....but MUST unplug the computer etc. today, or I will be in trouble off hubby.  Managed to find a really cheap storage place about 5 miles away, so thats good.  Its at times like this you wish you did not have 12ft church pews, great old heavy dressers, and other odd things that need to go into store!!  And of course all my antiques and collectables, which I am fussing about what if they get broken.......

Cannot park caravan on my other land, we are in an area of outstanding beauty you know, but they did let Tesco build their large shop in a field outside the village, and what is beautiful about a supermarket??

Trying to sort out what clothes to keep out of the packing boxes, and have decided its horrible and wet and chilly, so summer trousers and shorts and tops are all in the boxes, and out came the fleeces, hats, and bodywarmers ......just watch us have a heatwave mid September :D

Have worked out, I may be lucky and be able to collect the apples from the orchard before the new owners take over. Our apples are not usually ready until early October.....so should just manage it.  Sad about the apple trees, uncle planted those 50 years ago when he moved in, and they are lovely apples :(

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 12:14:02 pm »
Hope all goes well for you Roxy .... such a shame to lose the place .
 As for the apples , you can take cuttings and graft them onto root stock that you can buy for the job . At least that way you would still have the same tree ,and thus apples , that your uncle planted. Grafting is really easy , you can normally do it with prunings !!  By grafting onto different root stocks , you can get some small trees (small ones /bushes ) that will fruit in a year or two and others that will take a few years  .
Best of luck with finding a place soon ....

cheers

Russ

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 12:24:39 pm »
Thanks Russ - yes I did think about taking cuttings.  I also wish I had taken more notice of my old uncle, who was a font of knowledge about gardening, and his cuttings always took.  I still smile thinking of the time we took him on a trip to Lincoln, when he was in his early eighties. We were strolling round Lincoln castle, and he spotted a nice shrub.  Without further ado, he took out his penknife and took a cutting.  That little cutting, 6 years later is now a beautiful big shrub in corner of the front garden :D  Very wet and windy yesterday, and a lot of the apples have blown down, so plenty for the horses and goats to eat.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS