Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Restrictions on deeds  (Read 2232 times)

vfr400boy

• Joined Jan 2013
  • one life live it
Restrictions on deeds
« on: April 01, 2018, 04:39:07 pm »
We live on a small new ish housing estate ( 30 houses ) on our deeds it says no livestock pigeons or poultry  etc

i live at the top of the street and have a large corner plot, and would like to keep 3 pair of racing pigeons  can I get the deed changed or shall I just keep the birds and hope know one complains ?

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: Restrictions on deeds
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 09:00:30 pm »
That type of restriction is common on newish estates. The builders impose them  so that the first people who move in don't put up pigeon lofts, fill their gardens with noisy and smelly poultry or develop any other "unsavory" habits that will put off potential buyers of the rest of the houses.

By now the builders will have long sold off all their interest in the houses and it will be a matter of complete indifference to them what you keep. The current neighbours may be unaware of these original restrictions and in any case are unlikely to care sufficiently to take out a civil case against you to prevent you keeping a few pigeons.

I would not worry. Just get them and keep quiet. :fc: [size=78%] [/size]
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 07:39:15 am »
That type of restriction is common on newish estates. The builders impose them  so that the first people who move in don't put up pigeon lofts, fill their gardens with noisy and smelly poultry or develop any other "unsavory" habits that will put off potential buyers of the rest of the houses.

By now the builders will have long sold off all their interest in the houses and it will be a matter of complete indifference to them what you keep. The current neighbours may be unaware of these original restrictions and in any case are unlikely to care sufficiently to take out a civil case against you to prevent you keeping a few pigeons.

I would not worry. Just get them and keep quiet. :fc: [size=78%] [/size]
However if your pigeons spend all their time scrabbling around on the neighbours rooves, crapping in their gutters and eating their growing veg they may well remember the restrictions exist.

vfr400boy

• Joined Jan 2013
  • one life live it
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 08:42:17 am »
It’s ok there very good I fly them hungry, so they all ways come straight back to the loft for ther food I can’t stant birds that hang around and won’t go in , thanks for the advice

LeeHambone

• Joined Jun 2017
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 09:15:25 pm »
I've always just risked it. As long as you don't let them become a nuisance that would give rise to a complaint under the same circumstances in any property, then you should be ok. I'm sure there are certain things you should do, like not position a loft or kit box within a metre of a boundary or whatever. Other than that, keep a pair of fan tails as droppers, who doesn't like to see doves in their garden.....?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS