Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Jacobs fleece for spinning  (Read 10183 times)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
Re: Jacobs fleece for spinning
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 12:18:38 pm »
http://handspinner.co.uk/ashford_drum_carder.html

Thats the toy you NEED now then !!!! lol... I used to card for my late mum . We lived in a rented farm house where they kept a few hundred sheep on the land . At shearing time they bagged it all up and only ever took some or most of it away ...those huge sacks were left full of fleeces so we used them . There was a permanent smell of sheep in the house ..lol .
 I did have a set of plans to make a drum carder , but can't find them now . Also , you used to be able to buy the carding 'cloth' as they called it , the bit with all the bent staples in it !!, but I can't seem to find that either now !!! Oh well start saving my pennies for a pair of hand carders ... in the mean time ... raw, as is , will have to do . 
 Good luck with your carding !!!  (you 'NEED' the little toy at top of page !!! )

cheers

Russ

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:49:25 pm by RUSTYME »

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 12:44:26 pm »
the wife has just bought a wheel. and strangly handed me the carders. only 15 fleeces to do.

:D :D :D  I love it  :D :D :D

MurmuringWheel

• Joined Aug 2008
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 08:37:31 pm »
the wife has just bought a wheel. and strangly handed me the carders. only 15 fleeces to do.

:D :D :D  I love it  :D :D :D

Me too, he must be really well trained ;D Only 15 fleeces  :D
www.murmuringwheel.co.uk Handspinning, knitting, crocheting services, spinning tuition and demonstrations at events nationwide.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS