Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bantam Dominiques  (Read 1701 times)

Kier

• Joined Jul 2008
Bantam Dominiques
« on: July 18, 2010, 05:37:21 pm »
First of all i better say i'm not sure if this is against the forum rules but if it is then I apolgise in advance and if its wrong then i wont do it again. -
In may i hatched 4 bantam dominique eggs and they are beautiful little things however the plan was always to sell them on.Mainly so we could have experience of new breeds etc,I'm pretty sure we have 3 boys and 1 girl. I'm looking to sell them so i thought i would just let people know so i can get feedback on prices etc but also if anyone knows anyone that would be interested. The dominiques were one of the first breeds used by the american settlers and are a pretty little thing,very similar colourings to marans.
I'm selling them for £10 a boy and £30 for a pair.I would sell all 4 for £50.What do you guys think of this pricing?too much?too little? I;ve tried to find other listings on birdtrader an the such and I cant find any others for sale in the u.k but I may have missed one.I;m interested in your guys opinions as we've all got poultry on the brain

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Bantam Dominiques
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 05:44:14 pm »
Put an ad in the Marketplace section, Kier.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Kier

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 06:28:07 pm »
thank for advice doganjo,I didnt think of that.What are your feelings on the price?have you heard of anyone selling this breed before?I;m interested on the sort of price I should be offering,I'm not bothered about making a profit cause i wasnt driven by the money to incubate them

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 11:18:25 pm »
Check with Cameron, he is selling some birds just now. I'm sure he won't mind you sending him a PM to discuss.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS