Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: australorp eggs wanted  (Read 4782 times)

compost

• Joined Jan 2008
australorp eggs wanted
« on: February 20, 2009, 11:24:40 pm »
please does anyone have any fertile blue or black australorp eggs for sale?

thanks
Cesca

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
Re: australorp eggs wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 09:20:27 am »
Hello Cesca.
I breed Australorp Large Fowl..I start selling eggs from late March onwards..All eggs are £1 each plus postage.

www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk for photographs of the birds.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

compost

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 06:49:47 am »
thats great - i'll send you a cheque in a couple of weeks or so then. could you bagsy me 8! will you have just black or blue too?

i have been trying to decide on a particular breed for my laying flock as at the moment they are a right mixed bunch! do you think the are a good choice of bird -good free range forager, friendly (have volunteer workers on plot), not flighty to get over fence to veg plot, good egg layers? how resistant to troubles do you find them? and do they go broody much, the books mostly say that they dont! i have a couple of orpingtons that are just the ticket but i understand that australorps are better layers. the mass of soft feathers don't seem to be the mud/muck trap that i feared they might.
thanks
Cesca

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 07:08:33 pm »
Hi Cesca.
Australorps hold the egg laying record that has never been beaten (346 eggs in a pullet year).They are big birds the size of a large Brahma and a bit like labradors...they are calm and friendly and in all the years I have kept them I have never had any bird aggressive.They don't try to jump out of the area I run them in.
I have a long waiting list on the eggs, but can supply towards the end of April..before if I can.

Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

DurhamWitchy

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 10:00:22 am »
Hi,

I know you haven't posted on here since last year but do you currently have any fertilized eggs for sale?  One of my Light Sussex , Lemon, has gone broody 4 times in 7 months so I am going to give in to her hormones and get her some eggs to hatch.  The Australorps really take my fancy, people seem to have only good things to say about them.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS