Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: simple good bread  (Read 8755 times)

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
Re: simple good bread
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 09:49:44 pm »
Would like a food processor to take some of the mixing away from me & cos it would be quicker & not as messy :). One with a good mincer attachment  8)
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 09:14:24 am »
Mick Many years ago I looked at most available I know some people prefer Kitchen-aid.Which is a very good machine I am sure but at that time it had very few attachments.Was and still is very expensive.Where as Ken Wood's Kenwood Chef had many.I plumped for the Chef it's a sturdy machine well made but it has one fault.It does not turn slow enough not a problem if you have a splatter guard but if you haven't Serious cleaning up can follow it pelts flour all over the work top I see the new ones are fitted with one.Anyway if you keep your eye on the paper there is quite often one for sale.A couple of tips Buy the 900 range not the 700 its a bit long in the tooth now not that that makes any difference if it has had little use.The problem is 700 accessories do not fit on a 900 machine and vice versa.The only difference for( the A920 Mincer,A931 Wheat Mill (Grinds corn to flour so you can make your own barley flour and whole meal blends)are the most useful front power take off tools The things like the high speed juice separator the Goblet use different power outlets Over the years I have acquired all the accessories but the pasta ones next to fish I HATE BLOODY LASAGNE
spoils good tomato's and minced beef  ;D Sorry Mick I have wandered off.The difference the 700 anti rotating pin is at the bottom and the 900 machine it is at the top this only applies to front PTO bits All the other pieces fit.The new mincers are equipped with 3 different size of hole plates and 2 sizes of sausage stuffer nozzles plus a toy that makes cannelloni cases.Look for a good used A904  I think its the best one Mind you I have not tried the latest £1k one OK so its ONLY £999 some difference what.Ask me and I'll tell you what I've learned.Don't bother with the kidney bean slicer buy a Spong used my Spong yesterday I know summer is here now kidney beans are ready  :D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 11:51:45 am »
Mickyork, I still think a bread maker is best for mixing dough. I have tried other machines and I don't think the motors are powerful enough.I have a big kitchen aide but I don't use it for bread. I have also used the breadmaker, which was very cheap, to make a small quantity of jam, which turned out o.k.
I never bake my bread in the breadmaker as I prefer my own shape etc and I don't like the sogginess of the bread when you turn it out of the tin.

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 01:07:51 pm »
All good advice, thank you.  8)  I will look into what's available. Was thinking one machine that does most things uses less room than a couple of different things.
I have a good sized kitchen but don't want to fill it with gadgets  ;)  Will check ebay & other such sites. Will be placing an ad on freecycle later.
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS