Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Smarties Cookies!! one for kids of all ages!!!!  (Read 3743 times)

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
Smarties Cookies!! one for kids of all ages!!!!
« on: July 04, 2010, 01:34:11 pm »
Hi all,

Just a quick recipe that Jess & I make together and funnily enough eat together too  ::)

12oz Plain Flour
1 teaspoon Bicarboante of soda
1 teaspoon Baking powder
9oz caster sugar
8oz butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 tubes smarties ( or we have used chocolate buttons to, oh and as a mixture of both)

Beat together sugar and butter, then add beaten egg and vanilla essence. mix flour together with powders and add to sugar/butter mix ( i do  this in 2 goes)
The take about 3 baking trays (do not grease) and roll mixture in to balls about the size of a golf ball ( no bigger you will be amazed at how much they grow) slightly flatten and then put your smarties in, we do about 6/7 per cookie. you should get 18/20 cookies per batch.
Put in oven at 180c and leave for about 15 mins or until slightly golden, leave to cool on the tray and then they firm up quite a bit!!
brilliant party biscuits, if they last that long... enjoy ;D

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
Re: Smarties Cookies!! one for kids of all ages!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 05:42:18 pm »
Thanks for that - sounds delicious. And a good activity to keep the kids amused on a rainy day!

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 10:03:34 am »
Or you can roll them in some oats and make really nice oaty biscuits

storm35

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 10:50:40 pm »
I am going to try these, i love cookies.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS