Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help! TLA or tCPH for a rented field 300 meters from our own CPH  (Read 2604 times)

danccooke

• Joined Jul 2017
  • Maesycrugiau, West Wales
Hi,

I am trying to fill in the form to get some land registered to our CPH,   I am to all intents and purposes renting a 2 acre field from some neighbours (in exchange for some tree services)   I cannot for the life of me work out if this is a TLA or a tCPH.  I want to get the form filled in and emailed in as we want to move our sheep away from the ram lamb as soon as possible as we can't separate them currently and really don't want january lambs.

Can anyone advise?   

Further info.

The field is entirely enclosed and stock fenced I have access that doesn't require going over other peoples or other holdings land.  We have the sole use of this field.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
Re: Help! TLA or tCPH for a rented field 300 meters from our own CPH
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 07:02:47 pm »
In a recent DEFRA inspection Mr DEFRA informed me that if it was within 5 miles of your main holding, you have sole control over the animals there in a 12m period no MLs required just use it

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 07:06:51 pm »
I am using a neighbours field across the road and did a TLA. This was on the advice of the animal health office when I phoned to ask. I called them because the field already had a CPH for the owner.  I believe you only need a tCPH when you don't already have one and Me is correct you can just use the field

danccooke

• Joined Jul 2017
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 07:45:51 pm »
Ok so .....  treat me like a special case.

So I have my own CPH and when i applied I told this which land I was using.   This new piece of land is registered to another persons CPH.  They are not using it. In fact all their land is rented out.  I have the sole use of the land and sole access.   I dont have to declare this piece of land??   Are you sure?   
I am so confused and in a foul mood so sorry if this sounds like im grumpy.  Quite simply I am.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 10:43:29 pm »
Ok grumpy chops. I am sure I was categorically, 100% told this was ok during a government inspection where I was doing this very thing less than 2 weeks ago and as I am also taking over a 25 acre sh that previously had a cph next to my exisiting holding (sole occupancy) quizzed him on the rights and wrongs and was told I could just use it under my number. I cannot tell you this information was accurate at the time or is currently accurate.

I believe they are thinking of extending it to a 10 mile radius... I also believe we are too scared of the government and asked whether if I told them to shove the single farm payment up their .... whether I would still have to suffer yet another inspection. Apparently so. Anyway, what actual harm can be caused by putting some sheep in a field for gods sake we have totally lost the plot somewhere along the line. You think you are grumpy....... I had DEFRA for two days counting sheep, reading tags and attempting to reconcile numbers in a really daft way.

EDIT: Tag lambs as soon as dry and turn out to some wild places, shoulder high reeds etc. 3/200 unaccounted for at four months old... pretty good I thought..... has to match apparently.... well they are dead.... but where are the certificates for incineration.... well foxes don't write good and ravens have poor organisational skills.... they only weigh 3-4 kg at birth they are easily removed by anything larger than a carnivorous chaffinch.... I see your point... ok... good then....
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:49:59 pm by Me »

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 06:06:10 am »
I love the carnivorous chaffinch.

danccooke

• Joined Jul 2017
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 07:10:07 am »
Thank you so much.  I was getting such conflicting information it was getting to be quite annoying. 
Apologies for double checking and being a grumpy sheizer.   I've always been of the measure twice cut once brigade.

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 07:39:51 am »
In a recent DEFRA inspection Mr DEFRA informed me that if it was within 5 miles of your main holding, you have sole control over the animals there in a 12m period no MLs required just use it

This is the same information I recieved about 6 months ago

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS