Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The cost of Tractor spare parts.  (Read 1768 times)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
The cost of Tractor spare parts.
« on: August 06, 2017, 08:08:14 pm »
As you may have read in my post of yesterday http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=62041.960  I was seeking a replacement part for my tractor. As much as possible I like to purchase original parts or at the very extreme get parts made to the correct spec as I was prepared to do with the steering pipe.
After the shock quote of £572,87  I started to search on line , of course e-bay is worth a look and I found a second hand one of unknown age for about £60+ postage, a lot better than five hundred odd pounds, then of course a trawl of the vintage tractor parts dealers around the country. Prices ranged from £57 -£72  + vat and postage. And then a look further afield in Europe,

So why is it that the above prices in the UK  and yet the same part ( same manufacture ) was purchased  for €23.60 inclusive of vat and 5 day delivery form Germany ?

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: The cost of Tractor spare parts.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 09:34:46 pm »
A lot of possible reasons from 'we really can't be bothered with the hassle of digging out our only stock and then replacing it and dealing with shipping" to "we're so stupid we send everything airmail under the wrong heading and pay silly freight" to "we misread the price when tapping it into the computer" or "it's really  apart for a military helicopter and costs this much to justify the stupid budget they need to sideline for black ops" ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS