Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tractor help  (Read 1773 times)

marjories wee acres

• Joined Feb 2013
Tractor help
« on: September 25, 2018, 06:35:39 pm »
Help !! is there anyone who can help with our paddock maintenance our farmer friends say the paddocks are too small for their tractors we are looking to harrow and roll  but open to suggestions how best to deal - our hay field is no longer yielding good hay and it will require fertilizer next spring

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
Re: Tractor help
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 08:12:44 am »
Quad?
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

clanger

• Joined May 2018
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 10:34:01 am »
Hi Marjorie
Whereabouts are you located? How many paddocks and what size are they?  The reason I ask is that, although fairly new on here, I have seen reading through the archives that this is quite a common theme. As farmers are getting larger and larger eqpt for their own use, they are less willing to take on the smaller work.

Is there another smallholder near you that can help for a reasonable fee?

I do work for a couple of others in my area (fencing, mowing etc) (mid Hants) for a nominal fee (i.e. to cover off the fuel, insurance etc plus a bit for beer money). I also work on the barter system - got a fencing job for this autumn where the payment was the other party looked after my yard when I was away at carriage driving events over the summer.

Chris

marjories wee acres

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 06:38:38 pm »
Hi Chris I'm in north east fife so think it's a bit far for you! but thanks it's food for thought I am also thinking on the lines of a quad or gator. There is a livery yard close by so think I may try there so thanks back in wellies! As a last resort I may have to hitch up my cob and she can maintain her own paddocks!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS