Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Credit card  (Read 2160 times)

Goatherd

• Joined Dec 2014
Credit card
« on: June 22, 2017, 08:55:54 am »

Always had a credit card to use for the farm keeps things separate, Used at Mole valley  Vets  Milking parts
   that sort of thing Two days after ordering ear tags the card was used to try and purchase 4 orders of fashion
   at £600 00 an order as the card is used very little the card company phoned me a stopped the payments.
    So folks be careful   If the person had kept it below £100 00 no one would have known until the monthly   
    statement arrives    Be mindful  Be careful  Don't buy ear tags   

Have a great summer  winters are always long             

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
Re: Credit card
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 11:25:39 am »
I'm sure its a total co-incidence but which ear tags do you usually buy?

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 08:02:13 pm »
Cant see why ordering ear tags should be an issue .... 
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 09:52:05 am »
Cant see why ordering ear tags should be an issue ....

Because the ear tags were the last thing bought with the credit card. :idea:

I've always been aware of the dangers of using a card to purchase things, especially over the phone, and where the person on the other end of the phone repeats your card details. For this reason I usually use a debit card as you can check more frequently what is going out of your account.
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 09:57:44 am »
For this reason I usually use a debit card as you can check more frequently what is going out of your account.

I don't think you have the same level of protection on a debit card as a credit card

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 10:25:19 am »
For this reason I usually use a debit card as you can check more frequently what is going out of your account.

I have a credit card with my bank, and can check it through my online banking, just as I can the debit card.

I have a specific credit card to use for online and phone purchases, with a credit limit I keep low, but use my debit card when out and about. 

However, now that vendors have mobile apps to take your credit or debit card, I think I shall have to start using the credit card in those situations too.  (Just been at Woolfest and didn't like the idea of my debit card details being taken by who knows what mobile devices and apps.  Will get a PIN for the credit card and use that next time.)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 12:56:08 pm »
Credit cards are the safest method of paying especially for large amounts as the credit card provider protects it's own investment.  Always pay it off each month if you can or certainly in a short period of time.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS