Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: anyone have recipes for fruit liquers?  (Read 3466 times)

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
anyone have recipes for fruit liquers?
« on: June 01, 2010, 10:08:52 pm »
just as it says really!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: anyone have recipes for fruit liquers?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 11:41:28 pm »
Do you mean alco ones?  Bottle of cheap spirit, any kind, loads of berries, sugar to taste, shoogle every day - drink at Christmas and wake up after New Year!  ;) (sorry, have had a few glasses of pink with visitors  ;D ;D ;D ;D)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 08:06:28 am »
I also am not quite sure so.
Do this with Black/rasps/logan/tay-berries In a glass goodie (Sweets) jar place 2" of fruit and cover with sugar more fruits more sugar keep topping the jar up.Strain off the juice into a sterile wine bottle and keep doing it until the bottle is full to the neck Plug the bottle with an airlock or a cottonwool plug DO NOTSeal the bottle yet The juice will ferment with the natural yeast that was on the berries.After a month six weeks remove the air lock and cork just tight enough to stop anything getting in.Why you are wondering Well I once made the mistake of sealing a bottle to soon and the bottle burst .What a bluddi mess This liqueur is very palatable at Christmas it is also very injurious to your driving licence should HE stop you and say "Just blow in this please"It also tends to make you use the Big White Telephone and say never again GOD.

A different way Quick Alcohol rich ready in a fortnight
Use Vodka as the spirit as it is colour and flavourless and is usually around 65% proof if you wish to up the strength to double use Polish White Spirit as the spirit content.Use ordinary granulated white sugar and a white or golden wine if you are making Cherry Brandy use a red wine
In a glazed jug or a demijon (don't use plastic)mix and dissolve 6 0z of sugar with the wine if its not sweet enough add an Oz still not add another until it is but don't add a lot at once or you may overdo it and spoil it
Right for a nice liqueur drink about 30/31% proof.
 14 fluid ounces strong white wine
   7   "        "     Vodka 65.5% proof
   6 oz sugar
 This is the basic mix now lets make Apricot Liqueur Get a bottle of that flavour from the home brew shop and mix in 2/3 of the bottle shake well and let it stand over night Taste it next day if its not strong enough apricot add a few more drops but leave 12 hrs before adding more Sort of let it perkle  before adding more essence .It makes quite a nice gift for Christmas.Try a small mix for your self several essences are available then you can try a large bottle of vodka 2 bottles of wine and 11/2lbs of sugar it takes little time to dissolve the sugar in the vodka wine mix (test the sweetness ) use 4 different essences and pour the essence into 4 different bottles and fill with the mix. It cost so little to have so much and it lasts a good while if you use a liqueur glass with friends ;D ;D :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

loosey

• Joined May 2010
  • Cornwall
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 02:37:10 pm »
We make a "rum top" every year - a traditional german thing from when my aunty lived there.

The idea is to use soft fruits as they come into season - everything from berries to peaches and nectarines etc.

Layer your fruit in the bottom of a VERY large jar or sealable pot, cover with caster sugar and just cover with dark rum. Seal it until the next type of fruit is ready ... do the same for each layer of fruit untilt he jar is full.

It's traditional to leave it until xmas ... the fruit would have been eaten on xmas eve with whipped cream or ice cream (it tastes a lot better than it looks - brown and slimy!!) and the remaining rum strained and drank on xmas day. I think the fruit makes me more tipsy than the rum!!

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 06:17:58 pm »
Those sound good, Wizard and Loosey!

Has anyone ever tried flavouring with vanilla pods or essence? Vanilla and strawberry liqueur?

dizzy1pig

• Joined Jan 2010
  • Leuchars, Fife
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 09:02:41 pm »
Bramble whisky :yum:
damson gin
limoncello   to die for
chilli vodka   freeze and gives a great kick to bloody mary

Ha and i dont drink
 :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS