Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Any crofts available for filming?  (Read 3339 times)

roscoeharv

• Joined Feb 2017
Any crofts available for filming?
« on: February 16, 2017, 09:15:58 pm »
Hi everyone

I'm on the prowl for a location for a documentary I am filming for my final student MA degree project.

I am currently studying wildlife film making at the University of the West of England and I am planning to make a film revolved around a character who wants to see how they can live a crofter's life. If you need an idea of what sort of thing I'm looking at, think Monty Halls' Great Hebridean escape.

Are there any crofts out there that are vacant and wouldn't mind renting out the property for a couple of weeks around the first two weeks in May ideally, or even if you wouldn't mind us filming on your property.

I'm not entirely sure what possibilities there are, but I thought I'd put this out there if any one has any suggestions.

Please let me know if you have any questions or your able to help/have any information.

Thanks

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Any crofts available for filming?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 05:35:34 pm »
Have you tried contacting the Scottish Crofting Federation?

CarolineJ

• Joined Dec 2015
  • North coast of Scotland
Re: Any crofts available for filming?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 07:50:59 am »
Are you going to need to film interiors as well as exteriors?  We should just about be finished with renovations by then, but we currently only have half the underfloor heating system installed and until I can track down my AWOL heating engineer to finish it, we can't get the floor down and the kitchen and bathroom in, so it's possible the house may not be done. 

The croft is on the north coast of Sutherland with sea views, otters on the beach and my roofers spent a happy morning whale watching as they were working last summer - let me know if it's of interest :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS