Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Where to get hen chicks or fertile eggs in fife  (Read 1704 times)

demonfarmer2630

• Joined May 2011
  • kennoway
  • soor plooms
Where to get hen chicks or fertile eggs in fife
« on: April 14, 2017, 08:36:45 pm »
its that time of year again I'm looking to increase my chicken flock again but I'm not sure where to get chicks or pullets from near me I can always hatch again when I get a replacement incubator so fertile egg info would help as well any information would help hope you are all having a nice day

Celli

• Joined Jun 2016
  • Fife
Re: Where to get hen chicks or fertile eggs in fife
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 08:45:25 pm »
I got my last lot of pullets  from Collessie Feeds in Collessie, I'll certainly use them again, nicest birds I've ever had, both in condition and nature.
They have a web site so you can check out what breeds they have.

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
Re: Where to get hen chicks or fertile eggs in fife
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 03:52:44 pm »
I've just started a batch of 30x 1 day old pullets under the brooder yesterday, a mix of bluebell, sussex and marans (cuckoo and copper black).  I get them from Jane Harrower at Craigievern by Drymen and raise to sell off heat at 6 weeks or up to laying.  I also get legbars from Mike Black at Collessie to raise when he has spares and I have space, he's got some in the incy but not hatched yet this year afaik.

If you want any of these you're welcome to buy from me at any age, or share an order when I start up the next batch.  Jane has other breeds, leghorns, rhode rocks, blacktails and speckledy, if those suit you better.  I find the leghorns too flighty like the legbars, but I've had rhode rocks and blacktails from her before which are great birds and my current ones have laid all last winter at pol and most of this one too tho I want to sell them on now to more hobby homes to make space.
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS