Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Newbie electronic holding register confusion  (Read 1251 times)

wannabesmallholder

• Joined Jan 2017
Newbie electronic holding register confusion
« on: March 22, 2017, 08:42:23 pm »
Hi
Sorry a bit of a dense newbie question I'm sure, but....

Last month I took delivery of our 3 first ever sheep.  I am just trying to make sure I am compliant with the Defra holding register requirements and want to make sure I've done it right.  I decided to do it electronically (might have been better to just do it on paper...?).  I've registered for a ARAMS account and have signed up for the Holding Register and have entered my keeper details etc.  I have then clicked on "Movements" and added 3 "on movements" with my sheep's tag numbers, as listed on the pink movement form I received from the breeder we got them from.  It has accepted them and has the movements listed.

Is this all I have to do?  Then update with births etc as we go along?

Thanks

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
Re: Newbie electronic holding register confusion
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 10:21:07 pm »
The ARAMS website is not the most user friendly. Even if you have used it several times................... Somewhere on it you will find a telephone number for customer queries. The people at the other end are very helpful and are happy to answer the most basic questions. It may be worth giving them a ring rather than worrying that you have made a mistake. :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS