Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rented grazing and CPH numbers  (Read 2510 times)

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
Rented grazing and CPH numbers
« on: December 30, 2016, 11:21:23 pm »
Hi
 I was hoping to rent a field for a month or two later this year and I was wondering what happens to my CPH number. When the animals move there do I need to change the CPH number by animal transfer forums and what happens with flock number as I want it to be seen they are in my flock.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: Rented grazing and CPH numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 09:35:31 am »
I've just been through this with a neighbour.  The owner needs to contact the authorities and get a CPH number.  This is currently taking weeks (he was quoted 50 days!) but if told it's for animal welfare reasons (i.e. your sheep are running out of grazing) it can be sorted in a week.  You then use an AML1 form or register the movement online as usual.  If it's land within 10 km only you may be using regularly it may be worth doing a TLA (Temporary Land Association) so you can move stock without having to fill in a form every time - TLA forms can be downloaded from the DEFRA website.

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 10:26:35 am »
Thanks, We would be renting it from a farmer for just a month or two. He would already have a flock number and a CPH number it is just we would need a group of animals to be on it for a 2 month isolation before being exported.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 10:52:48 am »
The farmer will already have a CPH then so that is straightforward. If it is to be an isolation facility then you need to check it is registered as such or get it approved.

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 12:12:22 pm »
it isn't isolation as such, It is a place for them to spend 30 days together and the vet will come and see them at the end to see if they are healthy so they are allowed to travel, isolation isn't needed but because all these animals are coming from various flocks they need them together for 30 days to calm down and see if there are any problems   
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:14:02 pm by ThomasR »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS