Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ex battery hen Rescue  (Read 2695 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Ex battery hen Rescue
« on: June 09, 2010, 12:51:20 pm »
Applications now being taken for the next ex battery hen rescue, which will be sometime in July.

An application form can be filled in on line, if you want some of these lovely hens

http://www.henrehomers.net/

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Ex battery hen Rescue
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 07:23:34 pm »
sorry, I've been forbidden!
we've got the chicks so I suppose he is right for a change *grudgingly!*
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 10:52:42 am »
Sneak them in, Little Blue ......say he must have mis counted or something.  The last batch had nice feathers, so they would be ok, and blend in with your established ones :D

Are you keeping the chicks?  Our little bantam ones are really cute, but I will be selling them in a few weeks.  Got far too many banties and little silkies running  round already, and most of them broody.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 08:14:01 pm »
we've 3 light sussex and 4 marans which we're going to keep (unless they turn out to be cockerels!) and have just set the incubater full today of assorted bantams & some rare breed Derbyshire Redcaps (really hope they do well) which again, we'll keep all the girls.
 what colour are your silkies?
our cockerel, Lenin is a black silkie, and I'd love some girlies for him.
 is it right that they don't necessarily breed true to colour of the parents??  (not sure where I've got that from!)  and that he'll make "gold tops" with the LSs? do they really have golden heads, what colour is the rest of them, as I've only seen them as chicks?!
Little Blue

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 08:15:08 pm »
PS...

Sneak them in, Little Blue ......say he must have mis counted or something.  The last batch had nice feathers, so they would be ok, and blend in with your established ones :D
You're such a bad influence!!    ;)
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS