Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Solar Panels?  (Read 4624 times)

Lizmar

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Carrick on Suir - Tipperary Ireland
Solar Panels?
« on: July 18, 2009, 09:58:13 am »
Anyone know if they are good? If the are worth it? If they work? Remembering that I live in Ireland and sun is not something to expect that often.  Was at a country show yesterday and got a salesman to talk to me about it, but he wouldn't quote a rough price unless he could do a site visit - didn't want to get that involved before I did some research first AND I know I won't be able to afford it!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Solar Panels?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 08:12:33 pm »
I've been told a few times that it would take somewhere in the region of 15 to 20 years to recoup the initial cost so only to put them in on a new build or if you want to be eco friendly
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 08:18:03 pm »
My Mum, in Aberdeenshire, has had them for 20 years and swears by them!

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Kirkintilloch, NE of Glasgow
    • Calum Morrell Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 09:01:50 pm »
Check for grants from your government agencies .. the UK has them on and off, no clue on Ireland. If you can get a decent grant, it does make a big difference to how long it takes to recover install cost.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS