Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Half-bred Fell Pony colt  (Read 6229 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Half-bred Fell Pony colt
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 06:27:13 pm »
omg, its going backwards!    ooops!
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 12:01:17 am »
Thats brilliant, Little Blue!!  We could bring the horse over and you could ride down the old railway trail.  Perfect :)

Hardfeather

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 06:39:20 pm »
Hes lovely, we have a 2yr old fell colt covering a few coloured ponys at the mo, so hopefully get something nice like him this year  :)

That sounds interesting...can't wait to see the results.

I have a half Fell pony filly here, a 2yr old, out of my coloured mare by a pony stallion. I've got a Fell pony colt earmarked for me at weaning and my plan is to breed half and three quarter fells.

Roxy...I like the Dales, but I prefer the Fell.  ;D

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 07:24:27 pm »
They are a lovely pair of girls, a skewbald and a roan of some kind and white (maybe some kind of spot in it too) (im fascinated with colouring and genes  ;D), they have a bit of bone about them but no feather, both blue eyed, around 13/14hh, ill have to get some pics they good strong ponys
They skew looks to be around a month/2 off but the other i saw was being covered early this spring, they have potential with the bone and the fells feather hopefully will turn out to be grand foals :)

Also a fan of natives but its new forests for me  ;)
Breeding natives with coloureds is fab, coloureds are the trend with all the BIG benefits of good hardy natives!!!! You cant go wrong!!!  ;)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 11:52:30 pm »
I have a Dales x Fell gelding, a very substantial pony he is.  His Mum is a registered Fell who does well in the show ring, and his Dad is a registered champion Dales.  He is registered with the Dales pony society as a part bred.  Its strange if we ride him out with one of the Dales mares. People say he is the Dales and she is the Fell!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS