Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Photos from iPad  (Read 1870 times)

Celli

• Joined Jun 2016
  • Fife
Photos from iPad
« on: September 03, 2016, 04:10:42 pm »
Is it possible to post photos here from an iPad ?.
Been trying for the last half hour but no joy, tried using the photo option but it just doesn't co-operate .

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Photos from iPad
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 04:21:07 pm »
I have problems too. I end up sending them from the ipad to my email address, downloading them onto my pc and uploading them onto here.

I am sure there is an easier way.

Hopefully someone will come along o put us both right.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 04:49:38 pm »
I'm watching too.  I have been able to select a photo to upload, but they're too large so TAS rejects them, and I haven't a clue how to compress them on the iPad.  I've even read the manual!  :o
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 07:12:34 pm »
If size is the problem, any image software should allow you to reduce them.  I use Microsoft Office photo manager, edit and resize or compress.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 08:15:47 pm »
Yes, you'd have thought that, wouldn't you? ::)

I can crop, take out red-eye, rotate, add all kinds of effects, but I can't find any option to compress.  So I've been transferring the files to the laptop via DropBox, then using Microsoft Picture Manager as I've always done.  But there must be a way to do it on the iPad, mustn't there?  Without having to install a Microsoft product?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 04:41:56 pm »
Any reason why you can't install M O Photo manager on an I pad?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 07:29:34 pm »
Any reason why you can't install M O Photo manager on an I pad?

I'm trying to get out of Microsoft's grip, for one thing.  And for another, I can't yet accept that all this excellent photo handling software Apple supply really can't compress a jpeg...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS