Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poly Tunnel  (Read 3816 times)

Tropical

• Joined Sep 2016
Poly Tunnel
« on: September 15, 2016, 08:52:48 am »
Hi
     I am new here, just wanted to ask with regards poly tunnel, Lets say i go down the route of getting permitted development for poly tunnel if i have 15 acres of land. Its for plants etc.
poly tunnel size 30ftx90ft
what if i wanted to put a fish pond inside later on, say 20ft x 30ft, would i have to tell them this as well, or can i put that in there later on,
  90% will be for plants but would like a pond in there a small one,
reason I use aquaponics

greenbeast

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Poly Tunnel
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 10:07:08 am »
Will it essentially be a fish farm or purely recreational?
There are planning rules regarding pools/ponds for fish farming

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 08:01:21 pm »
not just planning the environment agency need to give permission, plus dependant on where the water comes from you may require water company permission.

British red tape

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 09:11:43 pm »
Come on!  :sunshine: Realistically how is anyone ever going to know?
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

farmershort

• Joined Nov 2010
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 10:33:00 am »
Get the polytunnel, get it signed off once it's built, then do whatever you want with it.

I think people's own moral compass is a more reliable guide than a local authority dictate.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 03:06:13 pm »
Come on!  :sunshine: Realistically how is anyone ever going to know?

And what difference would it make! After all you would need to keep the humidity up!!

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 07:20:28 pm »
I put some extra gravel on top of my drive and I've had 7 months of agro, enforcement officer wants the drive completely removed now, and he is pushing for it. Down here you either do it 100% correct or you don't do it.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 09:44:07 pm »
Hope you dont mind me butting in with a Q? I have been following this thread with interest and was wondering if I wanted to put a polytunnel in the garden, permanent, would I need planning?
Thanks and sorry for interupting :(
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 06:38:10 am »
Hope you dont mind me butting in with a Q? I have been following this thread with interest and was wondering if I wanted to put a polytunnel in the garden, permanent, would I need planning?
Thanks and sorry for interupting :(

If talking about your garden as being part of the curtilage of the house then as i understand it you can cover 1/2 the space with temporary buildings so long as they meet criteria such as visibility from roads and height rules near boundaries etc https://www.cranegardenbuildings.co.uk/articles/planning-permission-for-garden-buildings

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 10:04:26 am »
I put some extra gravel on top of my drive and I've had 7 months of agro, enforcement officer wants the drive completely removed now, and he is pushing for it. Down here you either do it 100% correct or you don't do it.

The world is going mad!!

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 01:11:23 pm »
If it helps I put up a 6ftX8ft green house in my garden. I then dug a 1Mx1Mx0.5M pond in the greenhouse. I didn't tell anyone. Before that I had an ibc lined with pondliner  where I attempted to grow a load of perch to make an aquaponics system. All without permission.

I don't think you will need to worry about asking the council.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS